1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelance writers wanted in Southern California to cover NCAA, NFL football.

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by cpmag2014, Aug 16, 2014.

1. cpmag2014

cpmag2014 New Member

Coach And Player Magazine (www.coachandplayer.com) is currently seeking paid freelance sports writers, located in Southern California to cover PAC-12, Mountain West and NFL Football. Perfect situation for students or recent journalism graduates looking to build a resume.

For more info please email us at coachandplayer@gmail.com

2. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Re: Freelance writers wanted to cover NCAA and NFL Football....

An paid...
    Yeah, but how much?

3. boxingnut4324

boxingnut4324 Member

Re: Freelance writers wanted to cover NCAA and NFL Football....

Mr. Clements what is your local conversion rate for wampum?

4. bbb1978

bbb1978 Member

Need any Washington State and/or Univ of Idaho, and/or opposing teams?

Hello cpmag,
    I cannot do any game stories, sorry, but I could do feature stories or columns on Sundays and Mondays only, as I work Tues.-Sat.
    I would love to help you in covering Washington State, University of Idaho, Eastern Washington in Cheney, Wash., and maybe even University of Montana and/or University of Washington.....but Missoula, Montana is about 3 hours east of me and Seattle for UW is at least 5 hours west of me, so that may or may not work, but you'd definitely have to reimburse me for mileage, minimum 35 cents per mile. I know most magazines/newspapers don't reimburse mileage for freelancers or stringers, but I'm just saying. WSU in Pullman, Washington and U of Idaho in Moscow you'd have to work mileage into the overall cost somehow though, 70-80 miles or so round-trip is not cheap.

My name's Bruce Bourquin, I'm a Coeur d'Alene Press sports reporter in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, roughly 30 miles east of Spokane and Pullman and 30 miles north of Moscow, Idaho (my clips can be found on http://cdapress.com/news/sports under the Archives) and I have 11 years of sports reporting experience. Look me up under LinkedIn if you wish as well. My Sports Editor said it's OK to do this as long as it does not affect my full-time job, OK?
    I sent you guys my resume at coachandplayer@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Bruce

Draft saved Draft deleted