1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Robin Williams

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I'm not basing that on merit, just what the public reaction would be.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I still haven't seen a movie with Jennifer Lawrence in it. I do have Silver Linings Playbook in my DVR, but haven't watched it yet.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Bodie would be in tears for days if Jennifer Lawrence died.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Winter's Bone is probably her best movie. Silver Linings Playbook is great. She was probably the best part of American Hustle.

I liked both Hunger Games movies as well. She also comes across incredibly well in interviews and awards speeches, which is especially impressive considering she's 24. She's a tough one not to like.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've seen her in interviews and been impressed. I won't be watching any Hunger Games movies, but I'll look out for American Hustle and Winter's Bone.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Lawrence is excellent in Winter's Bone, but John Hawkes (of Deadwood fame) is even better as her meth head uncle.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Lawrence's interviews are just as much fun to watch as her movies.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Henry Rollins:

On more than one of my USO tours, Robin Williams had been on the same stage a few days before me. That’s all I needed to know about him. As far as I was concerned, he was a good man.

But it’s here where I step off the train. I am sure some will strongly disagree with what I’m about to say. And I also understand that his personal struggles were quite real. I can’t argue with that.

But I simply cannot understand how any parent could kill themselves.

How in the hell could you possibly do that to your children? I don’t care how well adjusted your kid might be — choosing to kill yourself, rather than to be there for that child, is every shade of awful, traumatic and confusing. I think as soon as you have children, you waive your right to take your own life. No matter what mistakes you make in life, it should be your utmost goal not to traumatize your kids. So, you don’t kill yourself.

http://www.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2014/08/21/henry-rollins-fuck-suicide

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

As big, if not bigger.

It's Bill Groundhog-Day, Ghostbustin'-ass Murray!

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Henry Rollins also doesn't understand how anyone could just die from cancer. Weak people go that way.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry, but that is not the same thing. I get your point, but that is not a fair comparison.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Not at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted