1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Good. That's how it should be. Because, again, running backs are ass.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I beg to differ. Forsett saved my ass tonight. I needed 31 points and got me 32 (plus I got an additional 11 from Scott Chandler because the Jets are ass).

Locked up at least a 3 seed in that league and I have a shot at the 2 seed if I get a win next week and the other guy loses.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Had a 3 game lead in my division down to 1 going into this week. Was trailing by 10 points and had the Bills D vs. Torrey Smith and the Saints D. Figured I had no hope, but got the breaks. And I clinched the division with a week to go because Forsett went crazy and the 2nd place team lost by 4 points.

So, I don't have to sweat next week (which would have been do or die for me) and am instead preparing for my annual first round playoff loss.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'd have to check, but we have at least a 5-6 year streak of the team that finishes the season with the best record not winning the title.

I'll laugh if that happens this year, because we have one team that is just kicking the shit out of everybody. He's 11-1 and has only won by less than 10 points once. His only loss was when he had his QB and top RB on byes.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I've been doing fantasy football for 4 years and in the first 3, I have lost in the first round of the playoffs. Two blowouts and one semi-blowout where my player on Monday night had a great second half to pull my team within 15.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I left Joique Bell on the bench today. Jeremy Hill better have a hell of a game Sunday. Oh, and fuck Matt Forte for that effort.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

At least no one is contemplating play Trent Richardson. Our long national nightmare is finally behind us.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Not Forte's fault Trestman put together a game plan that didn't include running the ball.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

How's everyone on ethics within the game?
    I'm currently tied for third in one league and I'm locked into a playoff spot. I'm playing the team I'm tied with. Neither of us can advance; if I lose, I'm the five seed, if he loses, he's the four.
    So after last night's games it's becoming clear who's going to be the six seed - the guy who has the third-most points in the league. I have the third fewest.
    I started Joique Bell and Martellus Bennett so I'm off to a roaring start. Yahoo has me projected to win by 30.
    But should i just punt the rest of the week? If I'm the 5, I play a team that's scored 100 points fewer than the likely 6 seed and if that guy doesn't win, play a guy who's scored only a handful more than I did.
    I'm trying to get the best seed possible, which in this case I think is the 5 instead of the 3, but something about losing on purpose feels dirty. Plus, karma is a bitch.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You may have 35 wide receivers you can count on to get you solid points.

You may have 20 running backs like that.

That's why I wouldn't lose the second RB. It's a separator between teams. Anybody can fill out their wideout complement. Hell, I'm getting it done with VJackson/Boldin/Tate. Getting that second RB is tougher.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Keeping them is even tougher than that. I can't count the number of times I've drafted what I thought were three or four good RBs, and through injuries and general suckiness I'm down to one who's sort of mediocre by Week 5.
    I've heard some suggestions floated that we should be drafting teams instead of individual players for the RB spot, like we do for defense.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do it. Just play it out and let the chips fall. If I noticed you doing that in my league, I would protest loudly, though technically you're not doing anything wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted