1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Picked up Latavis Murray as a spec play for later on, left him on the bench, which is fine. I shouldn't have been playing him anyway. Good to see he scored two TDs. Then he gets a concussion. Now instead of getting a guy a week before he's hot on the waiver wire, I've just got another concussed back. Dang.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I picked up Crowell over him this week and I turned the game on right about the time he was breaking the 90-yard run.

I wouldn't have started him anyway, you can never trust any of the Raiders players to score consistently.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

L. Murray is deep on the bench in my dynasty league, but I hope this is the start of something worthwhile. Though he is now out with a concussion?

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

If it's PPR, play Vereen. His carries aren't what make him valuable in fantasy.
    It's likely the Pats use Gray and Blount (who they signed so Gray doesn't have to finish a game with 38 carries) sparingly because of the Lions' front four. Vereen is a decent pass blocker and has better hands than the other two. Blount only caught 2 passes last year, so don't expect him to catch a ton of passes.
    Plus Trent Richardson sucks.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm going to go ahead and say that Richardson, as the lead back facing the Jaguars, is going to the best option in a non-PPR league. I'm ready to be flamed Monday if I'm wrong. If it's PPR, Vereen is viable.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out who to put in my flex spot. Right now, I have DeSean Jackson, but I wonder if RG3 can hit the broadside of a barn.

Other options are Alfred Blue if Foster is out again.

Or Mike Wallace or Steve Smith.

Thoughts?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Does it make me a bad person that I'm starting Josh Gordon? Hell, had to blow out about half my roster due to injuries this week. Bring on the playoffs.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people are starting Gordon. Granted, he'll be rusty, but he could hardly have a better matchup. The Falcons defense blows.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

If you have Gordon, you play him unless you are just stacked at WR.

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Who do I bench - Joique Bell vs NE with Reggie Bush out, Trem Mason vs SD or Frank Gore vs Wash? Leaning toward Bell, but I can be persuaded in any direction.

11. Key

Key Well-Known Member

What's the word on Julius Thomas?

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Game-time decision.

Draft saved Draft deleted