1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It's a Yahoo public league, so that ain't happening.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm all excited hearing Sanders scored three TDs and Gates two, then I discover than my opponent this week has Rivers and D. Thomas. Only up 48-30 or so.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I have both Gates and Julius Thomas in one league -- and I started the wrong tight end.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Benched Oliver for McKinnon. Very glad that I did.

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I hate that shit. My team SUCKED last year, but I pulled off a solid trade at the deadline and eliminated one guy from the playoffs as a result.

I think if you take a player in the first four rounds you shouldn't be able to drop them unless they get hurt.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Or they hit kids

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Started Ronnie Hillman in the flex in a PPR last night. Ended up getting me 16.8, which is great. But man, that night could have been huge. 33-yard receiving TD called back due to holding. Steps out at the 3 on another potential TD. Juwan Thompson vultures two scores. So close to like a 40-point night. Sigh.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I have them both as well. However, I have been starting Gates in the flex and Thomas as my starting TE. Mostly in part because I don't trust anyone of my other bench players in the flex. Sigh. Two weeks in a row of 'Could have been better' for Thomas. I may trade him since Gates is looking pretty consistent this season - minus one game or so.

9. RecoveringJournalist

Played against someone who had Rivers, Oliver and Julius Thomas. Rivers actually had decent fantasy numbers. Oliver was OK, but Thomas did next to nothing, so I should be counting my lucky stars.

I was getting pissed when Oliver was getting all of those catches for negative yards that wind up being points in a PPR league.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Quick update on this. I posted a message on the league's message board berating this owner for quitting, and apparently he/she read it and it had an effect. This morning, the team had dropped all the IR/suspended guys and picked up actual players -- not the ones originally dropped because they have pass through waivers, but actual fairly solid players like James Jones, Chris Ivory, Zach Ertz and Eric Decker. This revelation apparently came about too late (judging from the time stamp on the roster moves) to put Manning back in the lineup for this week, but Tannehill is now in at QB.

I feel proud to have won a small victory for the integrity of fantasy football.

11. RecoveringJournalist

When I was in college, one of the guys in our league would start reaching out to people as soon as they had a bad start or were out of it and say, "Hey, you're not going to win it this year, how about trading me a franchise player for some mediocre player and if the tables are turned a year from now, I'll do the same for you." He did this once and we immediately implemented the rule where the rest of the league could veto the trade.

We vetoed three of his trades the following season and then kicked him out of the league the following year.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I am dealing with a situation now in my league. We started keepers this year which came with a rule that you can keep any player picked up off of waivers during the year for a 7th round pick. Two weeks ago, I picked up Peterson for a few bucks on the waiver wire.

There is a guy who is 1-6 and has Antonio Brown. I've offered him one of my WRs like Desean or Wallace plus Peterson for Brown. It clearly is a trade for the future for him but it isn't so lopsided because he is getting real value. The league has held up the trade pending a vote which I think is ridiculous.

Draft saved Draft deleted