1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Dixon, not Brown, is supposed to be the guy in Buffalo.

2. RecoveringJournalist

Let's examine "top-rated defense"

Top scoring fantasy defense/special teams - Yes. Four of the seven touchdowns scored by the Eagles D/ST came from the special teams.

Philly's total defense is rated 14th in the league and are tied for 12th in scoring defense.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Right now I have Garcon in my flex, but for the last three weeks it has been Antonio Gates. I could move Gates back to the flex and put Garcon in as a WR, but right now I have Doug Baldwin and Brandon Marshall in those spots. Thoughts? Rivers is my QB. Julius Thomas is my starting TE.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Fair point. Doesn't change anything.

5. RecoveringJournalist

Philly special teams: Crazy awesome. Philly defense: Middle of the road.

:D

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Very true and a distinction I should have made since I have the Philly D/ST on my roster. :D

7. RecoveringJournalist

No worries. It's just funny because I was looking into Philly's defense since I have four Cardinals players in my starting lineup. :D

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I think RJ has reached his smiley face limit for the day.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Like Jerry Jones several years ago, he's just had some work done and now can't change his expression.

10. RecoveringJournalist

:p

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

So I check the website of one of my fantasy leagues today and see that someone has picked up Victor Cruz. Then I scan the rest of the transactions -- added Sam Bradford, Adrian Peterson, etc. He or she also dropped T.Y. Hilton, Ben Tate and others (the league won't let you cut Peyton Manning, but they put him on the bench).

Turns out the pissant is 0-7 and in last place and apparently just decided to give up. That really pisses me off. If you say you're going to play, you play it out regardless of how you're doing -- otherwise it's not fair to the other players. At the very least, if you don't want to fool with it anymore, just leave actual players in your lineup rather than this.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Commissioner needs to step in and run that team and boot this clown from the league.

Draft saved Draft deleted