1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I got 0.75 pts from Stafford, 1.50 pts from Gresham (ugh) and somehow won, thanks to a couple FGs from Gould last night. Helped to have Julio Jones, Brandin Cooks, and Kelvin Benjamin, too.

Hopkins and Matthews collected a combined 43 points on my bench. Each of them outscored Calvin Johnson for me this week, too.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

If I'm going to have any chance of doing well this season, I need Megatron to have more games like Week 1 and less like the last two games.

I think that Packers-Lions game stunned fantasy owners. A lot of us were banking on a 35-31 shootout.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Needed 2 points from Brandon Marshall. Didn't get 1.

Been a weird fantasy season so far.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you there. That was my first pick. These 80-yard, 0 TD games don't cut it. That's what happens with WRs, though. Some 25-30 point games, but some 6-8 point games, too, even for the best.

I'm torn about whether to try to drop Allen Hurms, the Jacksonville rookie, for DeAndre Hopkins. Hurms had some points against the Colts, but they all came in garbage time.

I also have Josh Gordon taking up a roster spot right now, but I don't want to toss him back if I can help it.

I'm pretty close to dropping C.J. Spiller, too. My RBs are a mess, but that's by design. I never go early on them.

5. JackReacher

I went heavy on WRs this year, too, and just took what I could get at RB. Ended up with Spiller. It also helps that we only have one true RB spot on the roster this year. One guy won the league three years in a row, so he got to make a new rule. He dumped a RB spot and basically turned it into an additional flex spot.

As a result, my RBs are terrible, but it really hasn't cost me a lot this year (2-1). Spiller starts with Greene, West and Andre Williams on the bench. Not ideal, but hopefully it holds up.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Might think about putting West in. PPR?

7. RecoveringJournalist

Ouch.

8. JackReacher

It's a PPR. I go back and forth with those two. I've started Spiller each week, though. He's put up more points, caught more passes, etc. But it's close. West on bye this week, so it'll be Spiller (vs. HOU) again.

9. Mr. Sunshine

I have Spiller in a couple leagues. 54-year-old Fred Jackson is quite the annoyance.

10. JackReacher

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

This is true, but don't forget you can count on a lot of garbage time in Jaguars games.

12. RecoveringJournalist

Hurns for Hopkins is a no-brainer. I always have a hard time getting rid of any RB who I think has a chance to be respectable. So many guys get injured. I took running backs with three of my first four picks and between bye weeks/injuries/sucking I may be starting Bishop Sankey and Bobby Rainey this week. I would keep Spiller unless there is someone out there really worth picking up. If Knile Davis is out there, by all means, dump Spiller. But I'm not sure I could justify dumping Spiller to take Tallaferro (sp?) or some other backup who has been seeing time lately.

Draft saved Draft deleted