1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yes,

And that's who I have in there.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Twice, he's thrown for more than 300 yards. The first time, he threw 2 TDs and 1 INT. The second time, he threw 3 TDs and 2 pickles. Career: 10 TDs, 10 INTs.

Going forward, he faces Philly, Seattle, and Arizona. Not ideal.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is Martin out for sure?

Here's my deal. I have LeVeon Bell, Ahmad Bradshaw, Rainey and Joique Bell. I can only play two (there is no flex in this league, just three WRs and two RBs).

Right now I have LeVeon Bell and Bradshaw in there. LeVeon is off to a very good start and is clearly my lead dog, but he has a tough matchup at Carolina. Bradshaw has looked terrific and scored well, and he has a great matchup at Jacksonville -- the Colts figure to score a lot.

If Martin is out, Rainey is the clear No. 1 and coming off a tremendous game, and he has a spectacularly good matchup against a team he killed last year, which also ranks 26th in the league against the run and has given up more rushing TDs than anyone else this season.

Joique Bell has a good matchup, too, but I think he's fourth in this discussion.

I know you shouldn't bench your studs, but given these guys' production and matchups, I'm seriously thinking of sitting LeVeon and going with Bradshaw and Rainey.

Am I nuts? Or at least overthinking this?

What say you, SportsJournalists.com fantasy nation?

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Picks don't mean anything in my league. That might be a consideration.

This very well could just be me, but one thing that I've totally thrown out over time is that opponent's NFL rank vs. the run or vs. the pass. Every time I've given that serious weight, I've gotten burned on it. Every time.

Somebody can be 32nd against the pass after three weeks, and if they load up against the pass ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. RecoveringJournalist

They're reporting that Martin is out and ESPN and CBS have adjusted their projections accordingly. Then again, it was reported last week that Marshall and Jeffery weren't going to play. I'd monitor the inactive list pretty closely.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Doug Martin is no Brandon Marshall.

7. RecoveringJournalist

No shit. Martin could also be on the verge of losing his job even when he's healthy, so I tend to doubt Lovie is in any hurry to rush him back.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yep. Rainey is just about the No. 1 as it is, and Martin was not Lovie's choice. If he can get back to his rookie form, but that looks unlikely, especially if his opportunities dry up.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I also picked up Rainey in my 10-team league.
    I have Ellington, Jennings, Rainey, AP (sspd), and West. I'm thinking of benching Ellington in favor of Rainey and putting Gates (who I somehow picked up on waivers the other day) in my flex against Buffalo.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

A whole bunch of us tried to claim Rainey...the guy I'm up against got him.

Holy crap, is he shitting the bed. Right now a minus 0.5 pts because of two fumbles.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Yeah. Whoops. I started him. Why not? Atlanta's run defense is horrible. Never thought it would be 28-0 so fast like that. I also have Matt Ryan going tonight.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I have Ryan in one league, but am facing him in the other. Naturally.

Draft saved Draft deleted