1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If the Colts can keep Foles relatively in check and I can get a decent game from Ertz, I can escape with victories in both leagues I sat Marshall.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Barring insane happenings tonight, I'll go 6-0 this week. I can't recall going undefeated or even winning that many games in a week before.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I lost a close one. Belichick running Stevan Ridley like he's a franchise back didn't fucking help. :D

Matt Ryan sucked and Mike Nugent can eat a bag of dicks.

4. RecoveringJournalist

My buddy's team this week:

Alex Smith - 14.4
    Terrance West - 17
    Matt Asiata - 19.4
    Kelvin Benjamin - 6.6
    Markus Wheaton - 11
    Greg Jennings - 1.4
    Heath Miller - 5.5
    Shayne Graham - 6
    Texans - 8

He lost 92.4 to 89.3

His big fuck up of the week was not playing Bobby Rainey.

I'm assuming his first waiver claim will be to get Knile Davis.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Actually, Kirk Cousins might be a points upgrade over Alex Smith.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Sigh. 1-1 in both leagues. Thanks for getting hurt on the opening snap, DeSean Jackson, and thanks for not catching a single ball for the first time in 400 years, Marques Colston. I hate this game!

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Benched all my starting WRs - my bench came through with a whopping 14 points TOTAL, still outpointed the other team's WRs by 3 and won.

8. jr/shotglass

I'm a little troubled by Green Bay's inability to make holes for Lacy, and now Mathews is down ...

... but I still can't quite pull the trigger and start Woodhead over Lacy this week.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Picked up West last week and Davis this week. Have Lacy and Ball. Have to sit one of them.

10. jr/shotglass

We know, of course, that the week we sit Lacy is the week he erupts.

11. RecoveringJournalist

That's part of the problem with having Lacy. McCarthy doesn't know how to use an elite level back. Lacy will never be the focus of the offense as long as Aaron Rodgers is healthy. If McCarthy was smart, he'd mix things up more.

It's hard to imagine Lacy doing much this week unless the Packers just dismantle the Lions, but one would assume Sunday's game will be a shootout.

12. RecoveringJournalist

It will be interesting to see what impact AP's deactivation has on the Vikings receivers. They're going to have to pass more, but defenses will no longer stack the front the way they did for AP.

Draft saved Draft deleted