1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was expecting a "Cross Him Off Then" but no worries, I picked up the guy who beat him out.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You didn't say he was DEAD! :)

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Just finished minutes ago. And fortunately, we have free drop/adds for the next five days. Henery out. ;)

The 2014 Spanish Inquisition

QB Ryan
    QB Dalton
    RB Bell
    RB Lacy
    RB Woodhead
    RB Blount
    WR VJackson
    WR Tate
    WR Boldin
    WR Woods
    WR Bowe
    WR MAustin
    TE Gates
    TE Kelce
    PK Hauschka
    PK Gano

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

You did great at RB and QB. Your overall receivers are pretty awful, but your starters aren't too bad. Bell scares me, but you were smart to get Blount as well. I'm stunned how underrated Woodhead is, especially in PPR leagues.

5. RecoveringJournalist

I just about had a heart attack thinking you took Greg Jennings in the third round. I was like, WHAT? Oh, Rashad.

6. RecoveringJournalist

You did really well, especially for picking first.

I didn't like the Thomas pick, but you had an elite runner and an elite WR, so why not? Ryan is a steal where you got him. Gerhart was a steal where you got him.

I hope my draft goes as well as yours.

7. RecoveringJournalist

Turner has a long history of turning speedy wideouts into superstars.

8. RecoveringJournalist

My main league starts in an hour and I'm picking fifth. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm hoping Manning and/or Megatron go 1-4 and one of the top backs fall to me. I don't think I can pull the trigger on Lacy at No. 5. I'm guessing it will be Megatron or Forte.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

We had our draft today, and I thought it went well. We pick 18 rounds in a snake format. One note, our league doesn't play TEs separate; they're simply WRs. We play a combination points/yardage system. I picked 7th in a 12-team league and here's how it went:

1. Drew Brees/Saints QB
    2. Brandon Marshall/Bears WR
    3. Andre Ellington/Cardinals RB
    4. Vernon Davis/49ers WR
    5. Pierre Thomas/Saints RB
    6. Cordorelle Patterson/Vikings WR
    7. Darren Sproles/Eagles RB
    8. Russell Wilson/Seahawks QB
    9. Fred Jackson/Bills RB
    10. Reuben Randle/Giants WR
    11. Dwayne Bowe/Chiefs WR
    12. Bernard Pierce/Ravens RB
    13. Ravens DST
    14. Jarrett Boykin/Packers WR
    15. Robbie Gould/Bears PK
    16. Christine Michael/Seahawks RB
    17. Eagles DST
    18. Blair Walsh/Vikings PK

I usually pick three QBs, just in case, but Brees hasn't missed a game due to injury since he got to New Orleans, so I feel pretty good about staying with just two.

I'm not crazy about my RBs, but my philosophy is to get the two best, most consistent scorers first, regardless of position, then worry about filling other positions.

First five picks were RBs, then Megatron, so I was very happy to snap up Brees with the seventh pick. Might have been a slight reach, but I've had him before and he's as steady a 20-25 point guy as there is. I also think getting Christine Michael in the 16th round was stealing.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Good spot, though, because you can get high-tier players into the third round.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

PPR?

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Thanks. I wasn't sold on any RBs with that pick and knew a few would slide and I could have gone with Fitz or Julio, but a decent TE? Sure.
    I also snagged Rivers shortly after. I literally spent the 20 minutes before the draft debating between AP, McCoy or Charles.

Draft saved Draft deleted