1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

One of the interesting things about doing mock drafts is you find out certain guys who you didn't realize that you didn't want to take.

I can't imagine a scenario where I wind up with Lynch, Foster, Bell, any of the top 3 QBs, Graham and I don't really like Doug Martin or Alfred Morris either or at least not enough to take them where they're being taken.

After the top 5 RBs go, I like the top 7 receivers better than almost any of the remaining backs. I'm intrigued by Murray, Ball and Bernard, but some of them are being taken really high.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

In most PPR mocks lately, Vereen is gone by 36.

3. RecoveringJournalist

He should be. He and Ellington are the two who I've seen go anywhere from the second to the fifth round.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Yep. I can't count on Vereen being there, but if I can get Marshall/Bryant/Green and Brees, I might take the chance. The flip side is I wait and try to get Ryan, Luck or Brady, but with QB-heavy scoring, they might all go before the end of the fifth.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

How about mine?

6. Mr. Sunshine

Top of my list! Even though a robot drafted it.

7. RecoveringJournalist

Luck usually goes pretty high. I would say pretty consistently, he and Stafford go between third and fifth.

Ryan was my big sleeper at QB, but he's going no later than the sixth. Brady is all over the place. I've seen him go really high (third or fourth) and slip to the eighth or ninth round. I think Ryan and Brady are both going to have huge years.

Romo, Rivers and Cutler have been pretty good value as well.

8. Machine Head

Hey Mr. Sunshine, I had THREE DAYS notice. This is the only league I am in, so I've haven't been spending my days and nights mock drafting. Also a little thing called work conflict.

No worries, though. I'll dominate just as I do in baseball.

Fear Skol Corby's Whiskey!

9. Mr. Sunshine

You make time for the things you care about.

10. Machine Head

I do care.

The two moves I've made in our league are going to put me on the path to the Championship!

Or not.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I gave you more than three days notice. I just couldn't make the final confirmation and announcement until I did.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Keep league ... trade Cordarrelle Patterson for CJ Spiller straight up? Leaning toward no, because I have few reliable young players and I'm fairly thin at WR.

Draft saved Draft deleted