1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tennessean happyspeak

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TigerVols, Aug 5, 2014.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I will point out it only took her 4 words to say "I," but the columnists confirmed in this story leave me emotional, scared and hopeful.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/opinion/contributors/2014/10/04/tennessean-new-columnists/16743447/

Kidding aside, congrats to our SJ member mentioned within.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Cooper has stayed there as long as he has - he could easily launch a Nashville music website like Deadline Hollywood.

3. TigerVols

Or better still, go to work for the Country Music Hall of Fame...

http://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/peter-cooper/2014/10/14/peter-cooper-joining-country-music-hall-fame-museum/17244871/

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I like it.

5. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

So those of you who say, "One look at [Stefanie Murray's] picture on her column says it all" ... curious what you mean by that?

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I would never say such a thing. No need to go there at all. I merely judge her by her actions, the lame ways she tries to justify them in print, and the first-hand (bad) experiences of people I trust who have dealt with her.

7. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

But there have been at least two people in this thread who said something along those lines. I want to know what they mean.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Turtle,

I just clicked the link to refresh my memory, and that's not the photo that was there originally. The original photo was massive -- like, width of the page -- and as I recall, decidedly less professional looking.

9. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

OK, that's fair.

10. TigerVols

Nashville's a town steeped in journalism history, and full of writers. So who better to lead the Tennesean's editorial team, to be " a primary face of The Tennessean, leading community engagement efforts, writing editorials and connecting with and building audiences on all platforms" than a man from a small Florida paper who by all accounts seems to have never before stepped foot in the Athens of the South. I hope he can keep his Old Hickory Boulevards and his Harding Places straight.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2014/10/22/tennessean-hires-david-plazas-lead-engagement-editor/17747143/

John Seigenthaler is spinning in his grave.

11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Ideation room"

'Nuff said.

Draft saved Draft deleted