1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buffalo Bills beat writer -- Buffalo News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Jul 16, 2014.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

The Buffalo News has an opening for a Buffalo Bills beat reporter who can break news
    online, produce unique content for our BN Blitz app, turn a gamer into poetry, find daily
    enterprise that gives fans new insights and write magazine pieces that tell the bigger
    story.

Applicants must be able to engage readers through multiple platforms: blogs,
    social media, live chats and video. Long and deep reporting experience on an NFL beat
    is required. This position offers a competitive salary, employer-paid health insurance and
    participation in a pension plan managed by our owner, Warren Buffett. Send a resume,
    references and examples of work to Executive Sports Editor Lisa Wilson, One News
    Plaza, Buffalo, N.Y. 14240 or lwilson@buffnews.com

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1600828

I think this is what they call a big boy job.

2. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Turn a gamer into poetry? Does that mean each line has to rhyme? Or does the writer just have to get it in on time?

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

You rhymed! You're hired! ;)

4. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

YAY! I hear Niagara Falls is gorgeous.
    In all seriousness, though, this is a big-boy job and would be a great gig.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I like the paper and what I've seen of it in my trips through Buffalo. Plus, like Ron said, Niagara Falls (US and Canada) is very close by so you can get away. Buffalo is a fairly decent city... whoever lives there better like snow in the winter, that's for sure...

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Think I've mentioned before that Vic Carucci was the last guy TBN hired from outside its own sports department for the Bills beat. That was in 1982.

It worked so well that time, they're doing it again. As announced by Executive Sports Editor Lisa Wilson this afternoon, Carucci will return to the News later this month.

It's an SJ cliche, but this time it's absolutely true: Great hire.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

It is without question the best possible hire.

8. dpilar05

dpilar05 New Member

Carucci is one of the best. Can't believe hes leaving his gig with the Browns.

9. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

"@viccarucci @lisabellwilson Thanks so much! Beyond thrilled to be returning to the @TBNSports & and #Bills/#NFL beat. So blessed to be coming home!"

https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/507265015032737793

Pretty sure they kept the house up there (not far from where my mom lived, and 1/2 hour from the stadium) when he took the Browns job.

Draft saved Draft deleted