1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel v. Gaza, again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

That really bothers me. Whatever is going on in Israel, Canadian citizens (no matter who they support) should not be treated like that.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Because there's no reason to, at least not here where I believe everybody's in basic agreement about Hamas. If someone here was singing praise to Hamas then I'd have no problem cutting them down. But there's not, so why waste time preachin to the choir?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So, it was a Hamas rocket that hit UNRWA school? No way.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/hamas-may-have-fired-rockets-that-hit-unrwa-school-killing-17/2014/07/24/

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Everyone figured that, so there's no reason to say anything about it.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

but an errant IDF artillery shell also may have hit the facility,

However, if even one of the explosions was a result of Hamas rockets, which seems to be the case, foreign media will have to throw up their hands in surrender to their constant attempt to show Israel as a mass murderer of innocent children.

Israel has made it clear that Hamas is responsible for any and all deaths.

Yeah, the Jewish Press sounds like a completely reliable and unbiased observer.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Exactly my thought reading that piece. That article reads like it was written by a government propagandist.

Folks, could we maybe look for slightly more objective sources for our news updates here? No offense to The Times of Israel, The Jewish Press, the pro-Israel blogger and the Sun News (aka Fox News North), but the sources some of you guys keep linking ain't exactly known for impartiality on this issue.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Honey, there isn't one single impartial source out there these days.

Everyone has an agenda.

10. Mr. Sunshine

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Sorry, but they don't all have a slant as laughably transparent as that last piece you posted. You can certainly do better than that for a news update.

I'm quite willing to buy the notion that Hamas is guilty of bombing the school, but the evidence need to come from a better source.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Do you have a list of acceptable publications/sources?

Draft saved Draft deleted