1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter- Cape Girardeau, MO

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1594266

Company: Southeast Missourian
    Position:
    Looking for a great writer who loves sports
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable

Description:

The Southeast Missourian and semoball.com has an opening for a full-time sports reporter. The reporter will mostly cover preps, but some coverage of Division I Southeast Missouri State athletics and community sports will be required.

The ideal candidate will possess design skills to be able to fill in on the desk a couple nights a week, have the enthusiasm for telling stories that go beyond game coverage and have a love for social media and interacting with readers.

Our sports team includes four full-time employees as well as two part-timers. Our award-winning regional website, semoball.com, includes content from five newspapers in the Rust Communications family. The Southeast Missourian has been honored by the APSE, Local Media Association and Missouri Press Association many times in the last five years

The Southeast Missourian is located in downtown Cape Girardeau, just a few short blocks from the Mississippi River and downtown shops and eateries. Cape Girardeau is a 90-minute drive from St. Louis and a three-hour drive from Memphis. It is also close to many beautiful parks and rivers.

Applicants should send a cover letter, resume five writing samples to sports editor Rachel Crader at rcrader@semissourian.com.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

"Cape Retardo" is a fun place. My buddy was the main anchor there in TV for years and it's a nice little place.
    Home of Rush Limbaugh for those that need to know.
    Also, down the road is Lambert's Cafe, home of the throwed rolls. :)

Not overly familiar with the paper, but I never heard anything bad about it from my friend either.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Did not realize until recently Marty Mishow was let go several months back. Heck of a good guy; solid work on the SEMO beat.

4. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

Classy!

5. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I searched for Marty on Twitter and came up with nothing. Surprised that a college beat reporter would not be active on Twitter in this day and age.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Having fun following me around? Checking all my posts? Creeper.

Draft saved Draft deleted