1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011 Baseball Thread, Vol. I: Dedicated to spnited

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

A.) I think you mean "tear."
    B.) When you look like you look, you don't get to call yourself a "brotha."

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

God no. If they squeak in and get hot and win a round or two or three, we'll be subjected to tales of how scrappy they are with their $4,000,000,000 payroll and how they were united by the fans and media not believing in them and telling them they couldn't do it, even though the fans will also believe the media was dragging everyone down.

3. SkiptomyLou

SkiptomyLou Member

Joe Blanton will be starting for the Phils tomorrow. I don't know why they decided not to use Hamels but if the Braves can take advantage of the matchup a one-game playoff seems likely. What can Brett Myers do against the Cards??? Probably nothing. A one-game playoff would probably be Beachy vs Lohse.... Both are equally capable of pitching a gem or imploding.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

And why can't Sabathia start for the Yankees tomorrow? The fuck

5. SkiptomyLou

SkiptomyLou Member

They want to use him for game 1

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The Phillies don't care about the playoffs or they'd start Hamels every game and bring Lee in in the fifth every game.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Somebody on Over the Monster made a good point that if they do clinch the WC spot, there should be no damn celebrating of any kind.

I think the Tigers and Rangers are licking their chops.

8. SkiptomyLou

SkiptomyLou Member

All I'm saying is the Phils said they'd treat this series like the World Series and thank God they are not doing that tomorrow. It's kind of unfair how they laid down for the Cards but are trying their hardest against the Bravos.

9. SkiptomyLou

SkiptomyLou Member

Here's what I don't get. Why has Francona lost his mind? The other day he had Crawford bunting. Today he had him hitting 8th. Heyward hit 8th for the Braves today. Both stupid decisions. And hitting Lowrie cleanup??? WTF was that.

Here's another thing I wonder. Does Francona have a lifetime pass to do stupid shit and keep his job? He did win two World Series and Bill Simmons said when you win a title you have a pass for five years. But after that, will Epstein have free reign to fire him?

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Yeah they're sending out Blanton. The Braves better hold the Phillies to 2 and hope Blanton tires by the 7th.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Francona's bosses have spent over a billion dollars in the 2000s. I would hope the idiot could win a championship or two.

12. SkiptomyLou

SkiptomyLou Member

Also, what do you do about the champagne in Atlanta and St Louis.... Do you save the receipts to take it back if you fail to make it or do you let the players have it as a parting gift?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.