1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High school sports coverage -- Northeast PA

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Keystone, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Keystone

Keystone Member

The Reading Eagle is looking for anyone interested in helping cover a seven-county area in Northeastern Pennsylvania for its Sunday edition.

This isn't game coverage. We're looking for somebody who can put out a good feature story once or twice a month. Focus will mostly be on preps.

If you're interested, PM me.

2. Jay

Jay Member

Hi. I saw your ad and I am very interested. For the past 22 years, I have been a sports freelancer for PA and NJ. During this time, I have covered events for the Philly AP, Morning Call, Noristown Times -Herald and the Intelligencer. Currently , I am covering preps for the Intelligencer and Daily Record (Morris County, NJ).

I am a high school English school teacher in NJ, but I visit PA twice a week to see my daughter. Also, I am quite familiar with the Reading area mainly due prevoiusly owning a small publishing that covered the Phillies, Sixers and Flyers. This would be an ideal situation for me, and I keep abreast of PA prep sports. Additionaly, I am a Nazareth native.

If necessary, I can forward a resume. Mike McGovern should still remember me, and he can provide a reference.

I look forward to correpsonding further about the position

Sincerely,

Jeff Moeller

jayphil@nni.com, 973-820-8122

Draft saved Draft deleted