Author Topic: This HAS to be a record  (Read 10930 times)

Offline RokSki

• El Gran Campeon --> No Billy-like cheating here
Re: This HAS to be a record
« Reply #225 on: January 28, 2007, 10:29:11 PM »

You talk about facts, JDV. Here's a fact. It is my understanding your 2006 national title came in a competition with a new powerlifting federation called the APC. It is also my understanding that in your age class and weight class, you were the only entry. This means you "won" by simply showing up. How does this qualify you as a national champion when you didn't compete against anyone else? I understand you "technically" won the title, but you claim to be a competitive champion. A competitive champion has competition. If I understand correctly, you didn't have competition.

Here's a fact, as someone who has been to many of JDV's competitions and other powerlifting competitions:

Guys won't show up to compete against JDV because he kicks their asses, and they don't want to be embarrased.  In the powerlifting community, winning a title 'by default' is actually considered a complement, because it means no one has the balls to try to compete against you.  

JDV won best lifter in his class (all Submasters) in that National meet, 2006.  That's about all you need to know.  

One time, just to embarrass the guys who pussed out from showing up to compete against him, JDV won a national bench competition by doing some ridiculously light weight, like 225 or something.  Just so all the wussies who wouldn't compete against him had to say they couldn't beat a guy who did only 225.  Now that was funny, as powerlifting humor goes.  :)

There are men and women who work their entire lives to compete at Nationals.  That no one showed up to compete against him, at that level of a competition, is unbelievable.  And in this case, very smart.  Nobody wants to get humiliated, particularly by a guy they all know doesn't do drugs.

Or all he could do was 225. Why not just do the bar if he really wanted to prove that kind of point? If people are working their entire lives to compete at nationals, I think there's a good chance they're going to show up, no matter who is competing. But they'll probably show up at legitimate competitions.

Ditto what I said to Spup.  After 260 or so posts, I don't have time to explain powerlifting nuances.  Sorry.  :)  Not tonight.  

Here's something fast:  You don't win best lifter in an exhibition.  *sigh*
http://www.myspace.com/rokski
http://www.youtube.com/user/paulfvII
http://www.belicheat.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Classic Rok" - Ric Bucher OWNED while fawning at his Kobe Bryant altar:
http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/index.php/topic,34623.0.html

Offline BYH

• IJAG (left), me (right)
« Reply #226 on: January 28, 2007, 10:29:51 PM »
Guys...for the love of all that is holy, THIS IS A JOKE!!!!

JDV, or whomever he is, is playing us all for suckers. Stop trying to rationally debate him, because it's not going to work. Do you think JDV, or whomever he is, is going to wake up tomorrow and go "Shit! Spup is right! I am a fraud!"

No. He's not.

I feel dumber for having contributed to this thread.

Now let's get back to the important things, such as whether or not Clever Username cleveland steams the carpet.
Tragedy blows through your life like a tornado, uprooting everything, creating chaos. You wait for the dust to settle & then you choose. You can live in the wreckage & pretend it's still the mansion you remember. Or you can crawl from the rubble and slowly rebuild.--Veronica Mars

Offline RokSki

« Reply #227 on: January 28, 2007, 10:32:48 PM »
Rok, I love you, but your brother is coming off as an immature, insecure asshole. You do realize that, no?

Girl, I'm toast right now.  A refrigerator's closing could knock me over.  JDV is what he is.  But he is also what he says he is.  Opinions are opinions, facts are facts.  If it helps, I feel where you're coming from.  You think I haven't seen this show before?  ;)

I am, however, happy you love me.  Ha ha.  :D

Offline John D. Villarreal

• JDV's got killer stylo! The women love him!!
« Reply #228 on: January 28, 2007, 10:33:44 PM »
Oh god,

Alright, Rok called me & I just finished my dinner & put the chick on hold.

Few things:

1.)  Ellis - learn to read.  It was 5 to 8 SJ Haters not 5 foot 8 inch.  As far as your tough guy act (when I am gone) hey little dude, any time you want a freindly comp in a ring or cage we can set that up - just be sure the medical insurance is fully paid & I collect the gate & any PPV & mechandising $$.  I am sure my phone will be melting down any second with your call for that.

As to my lifting resume - let me post from my upcoming web site to save some of this rediculous trouble of the "research" against me - lol.

John D. Villarreal Athletic Biography

Weight: 205-220lbs (in-season), Bodyfat 6-8% (in-season)

Best Lifts
Squat – 863 lbs
Bench – 525 lbs x2
Deadlift – 670 lbs
Clean and Jerk – 330 lbs

Major Titles Won

§   2006 APC National Powerlifting Champion (Submaster 220lb) - Best Lifter
o   Broke National Submaster Deadlift Record
§   2006 APC National Powerlifting Championship Silver Medalist (open division – 220lb)
§   2006 APC CA State Powerlifting Champion (open & submaster – 220lb)
o   Broke all APC national and state submaster records & many open state records
§   2004 Bronze Medallist WPC World Powerlifting Championships (open division – 198 lb)
o   Broke APF California State Bench Press Record (462.5 lbs – submaster 198lb)
§   2004 WPC World Powerlifting Championship team member (open division - 198 lbs)
§   2004 WPC World Bench Press Championship team member (open division - 198 lbs)
§   2004 APF National Powerlifting Champion (Bench Press - submaster 198 lbs)
§   2004 APF National Powerlifting Championship Silver Medallist (submaster 198lbs)
§   2004 APF National Powerlifting Championship Silver Medallist (submaster 198lbs)
§   2003 APF California State Powerlifting Champion (open division 198 lbs)
§   1992 USPF Junior (20-23yrs old) National competitor (220 lbs) (only bombout ever)
§   1990 USPF Teenage National Powerlifting Champion (220 lbs)
§   1988 USPF Teenage Western Regional (8 states) Champion (220 lbs)

Additional Personal Sporting Achievements

§   Participated in numerous sports and lettered in track and wrestling in high school
§   Participated in Judo and Rugby at U.C. Berkeley
§   Wrestled for USA Wrestling
§   Recruited for US Olympic Weightlifting team (by Jim Schmitz US Coach)
§   Also studied various martial arts for years (Ninjitsu, Judo, Aikido, Tae Kwon Do)
§   National-to-world class in three sports:
o   Powerlifting
o   Wrestling (undefeated last year) - 9 years of wrestling
o   Judo (UC Berkeley Heavyweight champion, multi-tournament winner – qualified for and invited to Collegiate Nationals)

Offline sportschick

« Reply #229 on: January 28, 2007, 10:34:51 PM »
Clever's supposed to do nothing but bring me frou-frou drinks by the pool. I need one now, dammit!
O_T, I have ovaries. You've never taken me seriously. -- Cadet

Karma's a bitch, she's got game and she's coming for somebody as we type. -- kinda sorta taken from serveitup

Offline Piotr Rasputin

« Reply #230 on: January 28, 2007, 10:37:48 PM »
Clever's supposed to do nothing but bring me frou-frou drinks by the pool. I need one now, dammit!

And thus, every unmarried Star Wars and comic book fan with bad facial hair (and there are a LOT of them) falls all over himself to meet sportschick's needs.
"Please God, save me from heehaws pretending to be journalists." - Dr. Z

"I'd just love to have the final, fatal battle over there sometime today. I'm absolutely itching for it."

"You small, petty, shitstain. You f$#%ing ferret. You failure. You f$#%ing failure ferret."

Offline RokSki

« Reply #231 on: January 28, 2007, 10:39:10 PM »

And thus, every unmarried Star Wars and comic book fan with bad facial hair (and there are a LOT of them) falls all over himself to meet sportschick's needs.

Ha ha.  Ah, funny things at 1:40 AM EST.  :)

spup1122

« Reply #232 on: January 28, 2007, 10:41:06 PM »
Oh god,

Alright, Rok called me & I just finished my dinner & put the chick on hold.

Few things:

1.)  Ellis - learn to read.  It was 5 to 8 SJ Haters not 5 foot 8 inch.  As far as your tough guy act (when I am gone) hey little dude, any time you want a freindly comp in a ring or cage we can set that up - just be sure the medical insurance is fully paid & I collect the gate & any PPV & mechandising $$.  I am sure my phone will be melting down any second with your call for that.

As to my lifting resume - let me post from my upcoming web site to save some of this rediculous trouble of the "research" against me - lol.

John D. Villarreal Athletic Biography

Weight: 205-220lbs (in-season), Bodyfat 6-8% (in-season)

Best Lifts
Squat – 863 lbs
Bench – 525 lbs x2
Deadlift – 670 lbs
Clean and Jerk – 330 lbs

Major Titles Won

§   2006 APC National Powerlifting Champion (Submaster 220lb) - Best Lifter
o   Broke National Submaster Deadlift Record
§   2006 APC National Powerlifting Championship Silver Medalist (open division – 220lb)
§   2006 APC CA State Powerlifting Champion (open & submaster – 220lb)
o   Broke all APC national and state submaster records & many open state records
§   2004 Bronze Medallist WPC World Powerlifting Championships (open division – 198 lb)
o   Broke APF California State Bench Press Record (462.5 lbs – submaster 198lb)
§   2004 WPC World Powerlifting Championship team member (open division - 198 lbs)
§   2004 WPC World Bench Press Championship team member (open division - 198 lbs)
§   2003 APF California State Powerlifting Champion (open division 198 lbs)
§   1992 USPF Junior (20-23yrs old) National competitor (220 lbs) (only bombout ever)
§   1990 USPF Teenage National Powerlifting Champion (220 lbs)
§   1988 USPF Teenage Western Regional (8 states) Champion (220 lbs)

Additional Personal Sporting Achievements

§   Participated in numerous sports and lettered in track and wrestling in high school
§   Participated in Judo and Rugby at U.C. Berkeley
§   Wrestled for USA Wrestling
§   Recruited for US Olympic Weightlifting team (by Jim Schmitz US Coach)
§   Also studied various martial arts for years (Ninjitsu, Judo, Aikido, Tae Kwon Do)
§   National-to-world class in three sports:
o   Powerlifting
o   Wrestling (undefeated last year) - 9 years of wrestling
o   Judo (UC Berkeley Heavyweight champion, multi-tournament winner – qualified for and invited to Collegiate Nationals)

None of that answers my question. If no one else was competing against you in the APC sub-master group, how can you call yourself a national champion? You had no competition. By walking into the gym, you won. Don't show me your stats, show me an answer to my question.

Offline sportschick

« Reply #233 on: January 28, 2007, 10:42:48 PM »

And probably some married ones too :D
O_T, I have ovaries. You've never taken me seriously. -- Cadet

Karma's a bitch, she's got game and she's coming for somebody as we type. -- kinda sorta taken from serveitup

Ellis Redding

« Reply #234 on: January 28, 2007, 10:43:37 PM »
Guys...for the love of all that is holy, THIS IS A JOKE!!!!

JDV, or whomever he is, is playing us all for suckers. Stop trying to rationally debate him, because it's not going to work. Do you think JDV, or whomever he is, is going to wake up tomorrow and go "Shit! Spup is right! I am a fraud!"

No. He's not.

I feel dumber for having contributed to this thread.

Now let's get back to the important things, such as whether or not Clever Username cleveland steams the carpet.

He's done this elsewhere, BYH. Here's one of his epic tomes:

Ok,

I will try to be as detailed as possible while keeping things concise. I can't remember every exact detail but this is the deal to the best of my knowledge:

Early life:

Started lifting at 8 years old. Uncle (Bill Haynes) played football for Notre Dame (both ways I think running back (for sure) and corner maybe? - have to ask) and other uncles went to state championships in wrestling (PA), etc. So we had a very athletic familly. My uncle Billy got my brothers and I a Sears weight set for X-mas.

This was the cement and rubber version. We played around with it as best we could and made some gains.

Worked out for wrestling for next few years mostly on universal type machines - not sure of strength - but could max out leg press.

Sometime around Jr. high we started going to the YMCA in Pleasant Hill, CA this was around when Cybergenics first came out. We trained for literally 8 hrs a day (kind of day care for us with my dad for the summer) Lift, swim, eat, lift, swim - go home. I can't remember all the lifts but I believe I was boxsquatting (don't know how high box was I think above paralell) 500-600lbs. Guys were shocked. I was just a great box squatter and the weight did not bother me. I think I was deadlifting around 315-400 but I can't say for sure - bench was kinda weak - well, I guess normal. My brother says we were like 12 & 13 and that sounds about right. I was training hard and training every day.

In 9th grade we had the Bigger Faster Stronger program in our High School (McGuffy High in between Washington/Claysville PA). I was 14 years old and weighed 130-140. I started benching 95 lbs and by the end of the year I was benching 190-195lbs. I was clean & jerking around 185. Box squatting over 500lbs for sure deadlifting over 400lbs. We all trained super hard - lifting football and wreslting were life. Literally, they announced new lifting records and what people were benching/etc. OVER THE LOADSPEAKERS for announcements each day.

In Western PA when I grew up you only had a few things to do in life - football, wrestling, hunting, lifting, drinking, and chasing women (for guys), fighting (there actually was rankings for best fighters in the school (not sure who made these lists but I remember one of my freinds had to fight the "number 3 fighter in school" - ???), and working (farming, steel, etc.) and that is about it. So, you better learn to do one or more of those pretty well.

Middle of 9th grade moved back to CA with my dad and took 2 buses to go to original Nautilus in Walnut Creek, CA to train every day.

10th grade moved back with my mom to Upstate NY (Ithaca - half my familly went to Cornell). I wrestled for a top team I was weighing maybe 145-150 and was 14-15. Again, not sure what I was squatting and deadlifting in those early days but it was a lot & I was benching around 225-240. I trained at the school AND at the YMCA at night & had a weight set @ home. I trained like crazy with my little bro.

My little brother went to that school later and said that everyone knew who I was and I was really strong & my bro says I was popular.

11th grade I came back to CA to finish up high school. By the time I graduated I weighed around 190 (however, I wrestled at 155-193 (often wrestled up to help the team as I could win) - so typical walking around number was in the 160-170 range.

I know I graduated the strongest guy the school had ever seen (so I was told) dip record (64), bench 335, deadlift something just over 500, squat 500 (I am fairly sure this was with just wraps), I can't remember my cleans & jerks but it was good. I was 17 years old. Our highschool had bench shirts (t-shirts for how much you could bench) and they had to make a new one for me since I upped the number (previous was 325).

I was also training at Nautilus or CA Health Club at night I believe.

I did my first lifting contest my Jr. year at age 15 and took 3rd in the 181 class (after that I won every single contest for years and years). This was the Amador Valley open highshcool championships. There was a ton of guys there from various highschools - like most of each HS football teams. I cut too much weight and felt pretty lame. It was only bench and squat - so I would have done better if the deadlift was included. I think I benched over 275 and squatted over 400.

Offline RokSki

« Reply #235 on: January 28, 2007, 10:44:25 PM »

And probably some married ones too :D

It's all about the Serena thing...well, some of it.  I'm sure there are many, many other layers as well.  :)

Ellis Redding

« Reply #236 on: January 28, 2007, 10:45:19 PM »
Continued ...

Sometime in 1988 (summer I think) I won the USPF Natural Nationals Region 8 Championships in Stockton CA (Run by Rich Peters). Again, I can't remember all my lifts but I squatted and DL 450+ and benched over 315. My total was 1230-1260? Weigt class was either 220 or 198 not sure. I had qualified for Nationals.

College UC Berkeley - early stuff can't remember too much - moved back to Ithaca for a semester since my sister was getting married (first in the fam) and I wanted to check the dude out. While there I lifted at Cornell (Teagle Hall) and I was 17 or 18 the time (I think 18). I was weighing about 200-205 and benching 365ish (raw of course), deadlifting low 500's and sqautting something around 550-575. I also clean and jerked 335lbs (but ended up getting a ganglion cyst for my trouble - which years later needed surgery (and has since come back)

I entered a contest at the last minute (Auburn Open USPF) in 1989 and took third in the open, first in the teenage class and second best overall teen. I can't remember all of my lifts but I squatted over 500, and my bench was in the low - mid 300's. Qualified for Nationals again. Again, I was 18 at the time and we had no real gear in those days.

I was ready to got to Nationals and do well but my dad did not want to pay for me to go - I was depressed and cried about this of course (hey I was a kid) and he finally came down to my room the night before I would have to leave and said he would send me but I said no I could not take his money since he did not understand - rather I would work two jobs and save money to send myself the next year, train harder and win (which all turned out to be true)

Back to Cal. I talked to the head strength coach at the time (Robin Pound) who later became the strength coach for the Pheonix Suns (following Kevin Johnson). I told him I was going to Nationals and I wanted to work out with the best. He said he would give it a try. Well within a week he was pumped as I was putting up more weight then the rest of the team with few exceptions on certain lifts (mostly linemen on bench) & those guys had to work hard to try to cath me - which they never did I kept putting more distance between us as I got older.

Cal - pre-Nationals (1990). 19 years old and around 205. Got my squat up to 620-625 range. Bench (touch and go) with a first-gen blast shirt 405-415. Deadlift 525. Snatch 240 (stop doing cleans but still liked to do some snatches here and there). Inclines - something over 315.

USPF Teenage Nationals 1990 (numbers to be shown via video) suffice it to say I won.

Cal - post-nationals. Bench 440, squat around 800, deadlift around 600. weight 215 ish.

Witnesses to the above:
Mike Barnes (former Cal strength coach, former SF 49'r strength coach, and currently works for some national strength and cond org)

Robin Pound - Cal strength coach before he left for Pheonix Suns

Various NFL players at witnessed at least some of these lifts (Tony Gonzalez, Chidi Ahanatu, Natu Tuatagloa, Dave Zwatson, Todd Stussy, Rhett Hall, Russell White, Steve Hendrickson, etc, etc.)

NBA players (Jason Kidd, Kevin Johnson (early years), Lavon Murray) & various Track and Field atheletes.

I was a VERY known quantity and widely talked about. They wanted me to walk onto the football team but I wasn't that stupid (not big enough for the line, not fast enough to be a back, and did not play enough to be a LB).

In fact, years later when I was at Spring training with the A's and out with one of my freinds (former CMU guy and frat brother to my older brother Joseph), Jonathan Knight (JK) and Jay McGwire we happened to be at a restaurant and several of those players who were now in the NFL (Dave Z, and Nate) saw me an shouted to me to come over and were pumped and throwing around and telling jay and JK how freakin strong I was and motivated them, etc.

Former strength coach from Washington Huskies (when they were great - not sure of his name) then got hired by Cal & kicked me out since he was scared of the weight I was squatting 775-800+ ("can anyone lift that safely?") - of course I did but he was too scared - whatever.

At the time I was sponsored by at least two companies (Atletika and Caps Enerzyme). As mentioned I went on to manage Atletika and work with many World Class and Olympic atheletes. I also was in many of Atletika's ads which pimped my lifting accompishments, etc.

I was also lifting at World Gym in Walnut Creek, CA. This is when I ran into Mark McGwire and his brother Jay. Mark and Jay were both shocked to see me hitting 775 in squats. Whereupon we talked and Mark wanted me to train him as one of his other brothers (Dan who played QB for the Seahawks) read one of my articles in the muscle mags and liked it. So, I got Mark on my program and he did fantastic as all my atheletes did (more on that later).

Ellis Redding

« Reply #237 on: January 28, 2007, 10:46:46 PM »
Continued

Mark and I were friends for 6-7 years and were very close. this was pretty amazing as Mark was close to almost nobody (including familly sometimes) and would change freinds often (I can understand why as that life is tough - look at TO). I trained him, did bodyguard work for him, kept him out of trouble, was the designated driver when we partied (often), and was a close confidant & freind, as well as freind of the familly. As far as I could tell I was one of the few people that Mark really trusted as I was smart, did not want anything from him, and always kepy him out of trouble and safe from fans or worse. We both wanted to be the best in what we did - so we spoke the same language.

Jay and I started the company POWER USA which was a supplement company that worked with many atheletes and Jay and I lived together and trained together every day. Jay was huge and much bigger then me but I was much stronger, but we pushed each other and he was good to train with. Jay was a competitive BB. Jay had a great leg press though. When Jay started with me he only squatted 405 and I laughed at him - later on I got him over 600.

We had a small posse at different times (some would drop in and out)

Ed Larez, Josh Coldiron (starting O-lineman for Fresno State (when they were really good), Brian Welther (tryout for the SF 49'rs. All these guys were huge and could bench at least 400 (& some much more) and weighed 250-330. I was the smallest at around 220. All of these guys witnessed some of the various lifts stated below.

Best lifts and various lifts of note (I will deal with the lifts on the shirt first):

Squat 863 -

Done in 1993 spotted by Jay McGwire (behind) and I think Ed Larez (side) and his buddy (huge blonde white guy (side). It was done in a power rack with a Texas Power Bar using Ivanko rubber plates and collars I bought. Not sure of the exact setup but I am almost positive it was (on each side) 3 greens (50K=110lbs), one red (25K = 55lbs), one black (22lbs) + colars that were like 2-2.5lbs each. So that would make it either 863-864 (I always thought of it as 863).

I was told it was a good lift I had a mirror about 30-40 feet in front of me - but quite frankly it was a bit far to be exact and I was focused on hitting the lift and went up when told to do so. So, there you go.

Bench 525:

Actually it was 525x2 reps. Done in World Gym in Walnut Creek around same time (1993) spotted by Jay McGwire - touch and go benchs using an regular first gen Inzer Blast Shirt.

Deadlift 670:

Done in World Gym in Walnut Creek spotted by my brother Paul Villarreal using an Inzer Z (first gen) size 34 (or 35) and straps. (1993 or 1994). I was starting to get bigger pushing 230. This was when I ate maybe 7-10K calories a day and could not care how I looked.

Bench 455x5 raw:

Done in Boston at some Golds Gym near Framingham Mass in 1993 at an exhibition. Spotted by someone I don't remember. This is where I blew my rotator cuff out at - I can't forget that - it really sucked and my shoulder still hurts to this day.

Bench 405x5 raw at altitude on vacation:

Done in Tahoe at the South Lake Tahoe Health Club spotted by my brother Paul Villarreal I just banged it out and this was at around 6000 feet.

Bench 463+ for a pause raw - World Gym Walnut Creek - ramdom spotter.

Bench 500lbs raw then straight to a bent over row with 500lbs for 5 reps:

1993 at the Oakland A's spring training in Scottsdale AZ at Beauvaise (sp?) Gym (I believe) witnessed by Mark McGwire, Jay McGwire, Jason Giambi, Brian Welther, Bob Alejo (A's Strength Coach - now working with the St. Louis Cardinals)

Clean and Jerk 335:

Cornell 1989 witnessd by Paul Villarreal

Snatch 240:

Cal 1991 or so witnessed by Mike Barnes

Seated curls with 100's for 5-10 reps:

Many many times with many witnesses - this is pretty routine for me when I am in any decent kind of shape.

Lat Pulls over 400lbs:

Many many times with many witnesses - routine

Hammer strength curls (lat rows) 10-12 plates on each side

Many times most recently at Vacaville Gold's gym - Allison Cassity (ex GF), etc amog the witnesses.

Ab crunches - whole stack + weights and have broken the machine

Calf raises - whole stack + weights or people sitting on machine

Dips - stack + weights plus people sitting on back of machine + free weight dips with at least 2 100lb plates (Boston)

Ellis Redding

« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2007, 10:47:23 PM »
Continued

Squats of various forms:

Various squats between 775-825 in many locations many times including, Cal (RSF weight room), Cal intercollegiate athelete (at Stadium) weight room, World Gym Walnut Creek, CA Health Club (Pleasant Hill, CA), Boston, etc.

All the way to the ground ("ATG") Olympic squats 500lbs with just wraps at Cal. I have done the same with 455+ so many times I can't count.

405lbs totally raw pause squats for 3-4 reps at 24 hour in San Ramon below parallell - 2006 APC Nationals training

365x5 totally raw ATG olympic squats after being totally hurt from Nationals (actually I was already hurt going into Nationals) - 24 hour San Ramon August 2006

500lb Stiff legged deadlift on plates:

In RSF weight room. Have done 400lb+ stiffs many many times off of a platform and touched my shoes.

275lb barbell curl (with a lot of english) not sure where done witnessed by Eric Welch.

225x5 barbell curl - recently done at 24 hour fitness in San Ramon - I believe witnessed by most there.

Squat 550x8 reps with just wraps - spotted by Stefan ( the Romanian) and witnessed by Mike Juniphant and others 24 Fitness San Ramon

Squat 800x2 reps at CA Health club (not sure when) spotted by Paul Villarreal and I passed out going for a third rep - thank gosh for power racks

I think I did a 700lb squat with just knee wraps (but I can't say this for sure) at Gold's gym in Walnut Creek spotted/witnessed by Jay McGwire, Josh ColdIron, Brian Welther, etc.

Squat 650x4 in just a simple Z (still use old size 34 suit for training) at 24 fitness in San Ramon in 2005 witnessed by Chip, Kevin Deagman (sp?) Mike J, etc.

Bench 225 for 28-30 reps - many times just playing around always an above BW lift

DB Shoulder press 125x5 (not a lift I do much) many times at 24 hour in San Ramon

1rst pin deadlifts (rack deads) right below the knee about 1000lbs (I think) with straps at Cal - recently about 800 at 24 hour in San Ramon (no straps)

Recent lifts:

Squat 736 (gear) 2006 San Ramon 24 - got hurt on this lift - actually hurt worse as I was already hurt. previous lift I smoked 706 very clean.

Squat 720 (gear) 2004 Pleasanton 24 - very good lift spotted by Tony Vignolo prepping for WPC Worlds.

Bench 485 (stock F6) 2004 prior to WPC Worlds - weighing 200lbs
Bench 405-425 raw - various

DL - 635-640 Pleasanton Golds (suit) 2004 prior to APF Nationals
DL - 635 smoke at 24 San Ramon prior to 2006 APC Nationals

Overhead Jerk 330 - 24 San Ramon witnessed by Kevin Santiago and half the gym. 2005

Jump squats with 315 coming several inches off the floor

Other lifts in the past:

Would lift/move my Toyota Corolla into parking spaces clean off the ground (many witnesses many times). Same for a Jeep truck, and several other cars - again many witnesses - this was common knowledge not sure of the heaviest thing I lifted.

Step-ups with a high box with 365-405 (can't remember exactly).

Once ran into a parked garbage truck (smaller one) and rocked it hard before a law school football game. This was witnessed by many people (Eran Salu and Robert Eftimos among many others) I can't say how bad I rocked it or if it came of the ground but some say it did - those tales get exagerated though and I think in general those guys were just really scared. Later in that game I ended up putting two guys in the hospital with a broken rib and some other broken bone from hits I laid on them. Hey, they called me a "dumb weightlifter who was not an athelete" and one of those guys was the "best Rugby player in Ohio" so I figured he could take it - guess not.

Ellis Redding

« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2007, 10:47:39 PM »
Concluded

Other lifts from my familly

All my brothers can easilly squat and DL over 400 at almost any time with no training (or some training for my little bro).

My Uncle Billy benched over 400 at Notre Dame

My Uncle Bobby (Vietnam vet (chopper Pilot shot down 6 times)) hung out with the Hells Angels or something crazy when he came back from Nam and I saw him lift a Harley over his head when I was a kid. Bobby was INSANELY strong at 6'6'' ripped and "wirery"

I can't think of any more right now but this is pretty good in addition to all the other stuff and contests I have already cited. Again I was monstrosly strong for a drug free 220lber. Moreover, I was a great athelete and strong in every lift, including many non PL lifts - when I say every lift I mean every single lift I train/work out on.

Still have a good deal of that but have lost 10-25% depending on the lift due to age an injuries. However, ask anyone who trains at 24 San Ramon I am the strongest in there by far and all know me - every lift I do something insane, ever lift & almost all of them are raw (except right before a meet for the contest lifts). There are no tricks.

Additional references to ask:

1.) Paul Villarreal - he knows the best for sure - contact him at [email protected]. I am going to try to get him to post later to verify and put his own toughts

2.) Marco Margiotta - accomplished BB (2005 Mr CA NPC). He trained with me at World Gym back in the day and I just saw him at 24 Hr today. He has seen some of my recent benches, etc.

3.) Mike O'Hara - World Champion bencher. Knew me back in the day at World Gym. He saw some of my lifts. Pretty sure I got him into PL - but some remember differently - whatever I don't care that much but Mike is a good guy and can verify much of this post (guys I hung with maybe some lifts, time-line, etc.)

4.) Mike Blasquez - BB and current Cal Strength coach - never a big fan of mine but has seen some of my lifts then and now.

5.) Lana Battagello - Owner of Lana's Egg whites and sponsor of many BB and Powerlifters. Lana has been around the game forever and trains very hard herself. I have known Lana for at least 15 years now. Not sure exactly what she remembers but you can contact her at [email protected]

6.) Lisa Battagello - sister of Lana. Lisa used to be Jay McGwire's girlfreind and trained with us a lot.

7.) Dave Rose - formerly of Champion Nutrition - Dave knows some and knew what Mark would say about me.

8.) Eric Welch - freind from Jr High and top track athlete. Eric has worked out and spotted me many many times. You can contact Eric at [email protected]

9.) Tony Vignolo - freind and has spotted worked out with me more recently.

10.) Eran Salu - law school freind and former partner on I-banking deals. We have been freinds for many years and he can tell you how strong I was at that time. You can contact him at [email protected]. Eran attended the 2004 WPC World Championships and has first hand knowledge of contest rules, etc. Eran also is a top athelete himself.

11.) Jonathan Knight - friend mentioned above

12.) Kevin Santiago - Former Colorado Rockies baseball player (I trained him)

I am sure there are more and more refrences I could cite but this should CERTAINLY suffice.

So, here it is exactly as promised and this did take me a while to compile - which is what held me off from doing it.

As I said before and will say again - its all true.

Or as Kurt Angle (fellow PA wreslter) would say "Oh its true - its DAMN TRUE"

Sorry haters it all checks out & those that backed me from the beggining thanks a lot.

If this does not settle it I can't imagine what would - particularly in light of all my other posts and claims that have ALL been proven true as well.

Just like I said they would & that my freinds is why I am a champion!

I deliver.

John

Offline BYH

• IJAG (left), me (right)
« Reply #240 on: January 28, 2007, 10:49:48 PM »
Ellis, what the FUCK is that and were the FUCK is it frum?

Your freind,
BYH
Tragedy blows through your life like a tornado, uprooting everything, creating chaos. You wait for the dust to settle & then you choose. You can live in the wreckage & pretend it's still the mansion you remember. Or you can crawl from the rubble and slowly rebuild.--Veronica Mars

Offline Piotr Rasputin

« Reply #241 on: January 28, 2007, 10:51:36 PM »

Your freind,
BYH

I think that's a transcript from his best man speech at RokSki's wedding . . . . 

"I'd just love to have the final, fatal battle over there sometime today. I'm absolutely itching for it."

"You small, petty, shitstain. You f$#%ing ferret. You failure. You f$#%ing failure ferret."

spup1122

« Reply #242 on: January 28, 2007, 10:53:00 PM »
John,

One more question for you. How do you feel about superdrol? Have you ever used this drug or anything similar to it? Do you think it's 100 percent natural?

Oh, and before I forget.... I will not let this turn into a McGwire threadjack, but do you think McGwire EVER in his career used steroids? That's a yes or no question. Please keep it to a yes or no answer.

Ok. That was four questions, but they needed to be asked. For those of you who want some info on Superdrol, you can find it here: http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-superdrol.aspx.

Oh, and John. Please don't give me a bunch of long-winded B.S. I really just want a short and sweet answer from you, if you have that in you.

Ellis Redding

« Reply #243 on: January 28, 2007, 10:54:01 PM »

Offline Piotr Rasputin

« Reply #244 on: January 28, 2007, 10:54:25 PM »
John,

One more question for you. How do you feel about superdrol? Have you ever used this drug or anything similar to it? Do you think it's 100 percent natural?

Oh, and before I forget.... I will not let this turn into a McGwire threadjack, but do you think McGwire EVER in his career used steroids? That's a yes or no question. Please keep it to a yes or no answer.

Ok. That was four questions, but they needed to be asked. For those of you who want some info on Superdrol, you can find it here: http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-superdrol.aspx.

Oh, and John. Please don't give me a bunch of long-winded B.S. I really just want a short and sweet answer from you, if you have that in you.

And spup once again ventures under the bridge to feed the troll . . . . . .

Offline RokSki

« Reply #245 on: January 28, 2007, 10:55:58 PM »

Your freind,
BYH

I think that's a transcript from his best man speech at RokSki's wedding . . . . 

Awww, fuck; I'm getting married?  Who's the unlucky prostit..., woman?  :)

Oh, yeah, Ellis can be my best man, for shiz-ure, though.  Won't need to hire a comedian then.  It's all about (saving) the Benjamins!  :)

Offline John D. Villarreal

• JDV's got killer stylo! The women love him!!
« Reply #246 on: January 28, 2007, 10:58:10 PM »
Let's cover a few more facts here:

1.)  Still not worth interviewing...ehh Buckweaver.  No expertise here.  Just wait till you see the rest when the website is up.

2.)  I have been competing and WINNING at a national level for over 20 years!!!  What does that tell you???  No fly by night here folks - no flash in the pan.  I am the real deal.  The fact that I can do it at this age being super busy and being clean is...well amazing - straight up!

3.)  As to me being clean - I joke about a lot of things but this is not one of them.  I am clean and can prove it - you want to try to sully my name - be prepared for the consequences.  I have been stronger when I was younger and have been competing in THE SAME WEIGHT CLASSES for 20 years.  No big weight gain here folks - what the hell does that tell you Sherlocks!  No wonder some of you clowns voted against Mark for the HOF - you don't know Shi@!  I am on record for refusing any kinds of drugs at top comps - everyone in the sport knows I am clean & I will take any test any time.

4.)  As far the APC.  I have won nationals in all of the major orgs often against guys drugged to the gills.  The APC HAS been around and is now generally a stronger deeper org then the APF in CA.  Basically, the APF had a falling out with many of the promoters and the old WPC countries (now GPC) joined with the APC and the old APF CA joined as well.  The APC is currently where it is at (for now).

5.)  As far as nationals - you have to QUALIFY To go to nationals and worlds dorks...uhh they won't take your entry fee - lol.  On way to the 2006 Nationals I beat...err killed 5 guys at the CA State meet - winning both the open and submasters divisions and setting a bunch of national and state records along the way.  Rok is right NONE of those guys wanted to show up and get spanked again (the few who qualified).  But, look I am not a mnind reader & don't control anyone I show up and compete against whoever is there - but I also just win regardless - nice how that works!

6.)  As to Nationals I was in TREMENDOUS pain form injuries sustained in training.  I had done 736 squat and a 650 deadlift a week before and blew my back.  I had also done a 475 bench and blew out my elbow & went to the ER 4 weeks before & have the med records to prove it...yet I still competed and kicked ass.  I was in HUGE pain and not sure if I could even go and was offered all kinds of stuff (Vicadin, etc.) to help & REFUSED IT all.  All I took - 1 Aspirin - that's it, bit my friggin lip like a man & made my lifts like a champion!

Deal with it 3X State Champion, 3X National Champion, Bronze Medalist in the World Championships & multi state and national record holder who looks great, dates hot chicks & is smarter then you with better degrees from a better school.

I have been rehabbing for 6 months and gave up my spot to go to world's in Belgium last year due to the lingering injuries from winning Nationals.  Don't tell me I did not earn that win you clowns.  You have never done shi@.

Let's see my resume vs yours?
My education vs yours?
My looks vs yours?
My dates vs yours?
My IQ vs yours?
My fitness vs yours?
My Journalistic/media resume/cred vs many on here?
My threads vs yours?
My entertainment value vs yours?

ding ding - ref stoppage before it even starts

JDV wins again - this time yes against no real competition

spup1122

« Reply #247 on: January 28, 2007, 11:00:13 PM »
You didn't answer my question... again. I didn't ask if you were clean. I asked if you've ever used the VERY legal Superdrol. There's a big difference.

audreyld

« Reply #248 on: January 28, 2007, 11:01:16 PM »
Spup, I've never used Superdrol.

Just wanted to get that out there, so at least someone answers you question and does so in a minimum of words.

spup1122

« Reply #249 on: January 28, 2007, 11:03:32 PM »
Spup, I've never used Superdrol.

Just wanted to get that out there, so at least someone answers you question and does so in a minimum of words.

That will get my vote for post of the year. Thank you for answering the question in a fashion that didn't involve five minutes of reading, UT. You also made me laugh... a lot.