1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATED JULY 10: Tim Sullivan to Courier-Journal

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by KYSportsWriter, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Re: Eric Crawford, Rick Bozich leaving the Louisville Courier-Journal

You made your point long ago, didn't you? ::)

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I know, I know. I just can't stand self-delusion, like the product that's being put out is equal in quality to that which was going out 10 years ago.

3. Riptide

If you leave tonight, you could be grinding your ax picketing on the streets of Louisville tomorrow morning. Maybe even get a chance to scream at the editors in person. Call them names and everything ...

4. imjustagirl

I called no one a name. I didn't say anything about grinding an ax. I never worked in Louisville, or in Lexington as more than a part-time call taker. I have no ax, no pickets, no nothing. I said the paper had dropped in quality, and then explained why I thought that and that I used to love the Louisville paper.

If you're a returning poster, as you seem to be, you should know how these threads work. Conversations get carried on. It's not "make one post and walk away." Did I seem like I was twisting the knife? Probably. And I said "I know, I know." Not worth your sniveling.

5. Riptide

I got what I needed. Thanks.

6. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

Bozich is really good. But I've never heard of that station and won't remember the name next week, much less next basketball season. I'll go back to courier-journal.com, and I'm sure it will be just fine.
    It'll be like when the Tampa Trib lost Whitley. I read him every day and thought he was the best in the area. Then he left, and I almost never read him again.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

So what's your C-J delivery route?

8. Riptide

Not much of a route. I live 15 minutes from Tahoe.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Really tough duo to replace. But, if the C-J is serious about trying to replace them and spending a little money to do it, there's people who there who can put their own good spin on it. We'll see if they advertise and look for candidates, or just handpick some people who'll do it for reasonably cheap.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

We ARE talking Gannett . . .

11. Scoop returns

Scoop returns Member

You guys are funny. Already campaigning for Tim Sullivan and now Tipton? Give me a break. Nothing personal, but it's that type of good ole boy mentality that has driven this business into the ground. How about bringing some voices in from demographics that are leaving the newspaper like a woman and an ethnic minority. Now that would shake some cages and bring in some new readers. Hiring two 60-year-old retreads will only give us more reason not to read.

12. imjustagirl

There is absolutely NO proof that hiring a woman and a minority will bring in new readers. None.

Draft saved Draft deleted