1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Continuous Journey: 2024 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2024.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Have you considered streaming music instead of talk radio?

Liut likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone have any insight on what the deal is with Stetson Bennett of the Rams? I think at first people thought he might be in rehab, but its been six months and everyone is being very tight-lipped about his status. Health issue? Keeping him on the roster for the medical care?

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Speaking of corndogs, how do we feel about the Chiefs chasing a three-peat? Mahomes is corny and surrounded by idiots in his personal life, but he's much less corny than Brady ever was and it's fun to see teams pursue history. No one's three-peated since the Packers won three straight (one NFL, two Super Bows) from 1965-67. We'vc never even seen a back-to-back champ get to a third straight Super Bowl.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They're in a division where the other three teams run the gamut from "meh" to "dysfunctional" so that's a good start, just as the AFC East gave the Pats a pass to the playoffs back in their day. After that, it's a crapshoot. They didn't exactly blow Buffalo and Baltimore away in the playoffs last season, and were far from invincible on their home field in the regular season. They could do it, sure, but I wouldn't bet on it.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone read in the Athletic the long form on the Rams draft process. It sounds sophisticated and fascinating. Until you realize they took Stetson bennet 50 picks earlier than Puka Nacua.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

They’ve been to the Super Bowl four times in the past five years and won three of them, two of those after they traded away arguably the best receiver in franchise history. They still have Mahomes, Kelce and Chris Jones to pull off the crazy stuff Andy Reid draws up.

I wouldn’t bet against them.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sure, but they still took Nacua. I haven't read the piece yet, but it certainly seems as if they nailed the process on that one.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

If anything derails the Chiefs, it will be a significant injury. That and Kelce losing his focus after Tay-Tay leaves him for a new attention-getter.

10. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

As a Dallas fan, I’d like to see them pull it off with Barry Switzer replacing Reid. Make it exciting.

Guy_Incognito likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If something hasn't been done for 58 years, there has to be a very good reason why. In this case, it's because the feat in question is damn near impossible to do. Look at the teams that came close. Steelers in the '70s won back to back twice, couldn't get the third one. '80s 49ers won two in a row, then Roger Craig fumbled. Cowboys of the '90s won three in four years.Patriots won two in a row in the early aughts, then were in three straight Super Bowls in the last decade but lost one of 'em. These are some of the sport's historically great teams. I don't think it's any insult to the current Chiefs to say I don't quite rank them up there with the Steel Curtain bunch, or Montana's 49ers. And if KC falls short this year, it won't affect their status as one of the NFL's historically dominant teams, either.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The Rams always want everyone to know how smart they are. But, then, so did Brian Billick, and he only won one Lombardi, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted