1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6 years and 222 million left. At this point I don't know if he'll reach 200o hits. Hell he may not get to 400 homers

And he's gonna go from, man he was going to be one of the inner-hall greats to people lamenting he was only as good as a Jimmie Foxx or Griffey Jr.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's taking Honey Night a bit too far.

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

That deserves a B-plus.

4. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

6700 brave souls attended the Marlins home game vs the Rockies. Both teams have yet to break the 10 wins threshold.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Damn when was the last time an entire stadium got buzzed?

MTM likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Not to jinx it with two innings left, but the Mariners starting pitchers have been kicking ass lately. Castillo with seven shutout innings tonight against a pretty good Braves lineup.

And Atlantic has the ageless Jesse Chavez in their bullpen. Made Julio and several other hitters look bad. It’s not all about 99 mph!

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Has a non-combatant caused this much excitement since the Carolina Hurricanes used an emergency goalie?

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I read somewhere the bee population has rebounded, which is amazing news. I’d believe it just based on our back yard this spring. They are everywhere, dozens of them constantly buzzing around our six lilac bushes.

qtlaw, Liut and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Since April 10, the Mariners' team ERA is 1.53. Yet they're just 17-13. As a team they're King Felix.

10. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

Boy, the Twins sure know how to capitalize on the momentum from last season's first playoff series win in over two decades to build goodwill with fans. First they cut the payroll by $30 million, then in the wake of the Diamond Sports bankruptcy they agree to a broadcast plan that bars any in-market streaming options, and now as of today Bally Sports content is no longer available to Comcast/Xfinity subscribers, a development nobody heard anything about until yesterday. And the Twins' public response yesterday? Sorry, nothing we can do as it's out of our hands.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've read a few articles on how colonies form - And sure, I guess the netting provides a solid enough foundation for a new colony - but those scout bees really sucked. How many other places in that stadium and they chose that place?

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Something similar happened during a Kansas City spring training game in Arizona several years ago.
    What was cool is the radio network had a field microphone close-by the bees. On several occasions, the booth engineer potted up the bees a buzzin'.
    Radio is, after all, "theater of the mind."

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted