1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Funny thing about Jeffries is he had a spot on John Oliver years ago when he discussed gerrymandering. Jeffries' house was surgically gerrymandered out of a district for NY state house (not U.S.) by Democrats.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Jeffries was 2 years behind me in high school. Can’t say I remember much about him but mutual friends raved about him. He and Schumer went to rival high schools
    (many years apart) and now each are the Democratic leaders of a house of Congress.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jeffries must be a bulldog behind closed doors. Seems like he's still wet behind the ears.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That was a good read. Partisanship aside, Bradley talks about how the job is a lot of 14-15 hour days and how to get anything done, you actually have to know what you’re talking about.

Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The job is a lot of 14-15 hour days if you want to achieve anything. It's not a requirement otherwise. If all you want is a platform to shoot your mouth off, you don't have to work at all. Think Ted Cruz works 14 hour days. Or Dianne Feinstein? Her staff may, and to be fair Cruz's might, but they don't. Mitch would tell Sen. Walker how to vote, Trumpy Georgia Republicans would staff his office, and he'd be home free to do whatever he wishes.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think Cruz works 14 hour days, sure. He’s an ass - he doesn’t strike me as unusually lazy.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A certain trip to Cancun argues against your position. To make myself clearer, I don't regard shitposting, going on Fox, fundraising, etc. to be part of the business of legislating. That's Ted Cruz (or any other Senator) working at the job of inflating Ted Cruz, public figure in the news. On that, he may well work every waking hour.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

surprised the left let it get to this . . .

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

To further this point, a trip to Cancun while his state literally freezes during a long-term power outage caused by his state's arrogance and ignorance in not being a part of a power grid with its neighbors.

Too late to pitch in for a permanent one-way flight for him?

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think he made a huge mistake for a pretty understandable reason: He was trying to appease his wife and kids.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If so, his timing was more than a little off. And, typical of too many on his party on Capitol Hill, he has zero clue how to read the room.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I saw Bradley on the shuttle one night from Boston to New York. The guy looked beat. He was probably at some fundraiser. It was also around the time he was considering running for president. He busted his ass. He probably should've been president. He would've been a better candidate in '04 than Kerry (not sure if some other factor compelled him to not run then).

FileNotFound likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted