1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Ok

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The Courage to Be Free ... unless you're an immigrant from the Americas. Then fuck off back where you came from.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'm absolutely pro-union. It appears the rail bosses had no intention on negotiating in good faith. (And paid sick days really seem like a no-brainer, though I'm not to well-versed in all the particulars of this dispute).

But, Biden really can't let the economy crash over this, either. So a deal has to get done. It's highly unfortunate a deal didn't get done without the government getting involved.

Watching republicans pretend to care about labor is worth a good laugh, though.

This has to get done, and it seems it will after Bernie Sanders gets to do his thing.

Let the GOP House get blamed for wrecking the economy when it inevitably and inexplicably holds the debt ceiling hostage so it can threaten to cut social security. Go ahead. Fuck around and find out on that. It'll blow up in their faces AGAIN like Wile E. Coyote and his latest Acme product. It happens every time.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    Neutral Corner and HanSenSE like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The grift that keeps on grifting.

matt_garth likes this.
  6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

As PT Barnum said: “There’s one born every minute.”

HanSenSE and matt_garth like this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner and matt_garth like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Did the corporate money move or was there just more of it?

Also, that's like a 10-percent shift between those two cycles. Has it been a steady change or did the Democrats get a one-time boost because Trump was batshit crazy and his policies were hurting corporate profits?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The statutory rape part may not be the worst part.

"Godlewski comforted the teen when her boyfriend at the time died by suicide, and they began having sex (again: statutory rape) shortly after, when she was still 15."

Also:

A March 2021 text from Godlewski to B.D. says, “I had no idea your Popa died. I’m so sorry. I think we had sex in their bed though.” B.D. replied, “We’ve probably had sex in like 40% of the homes in northeastern Pennsylvania.” This was a direct reference to how Godlewski would use his job as a real estate agent while she was a teenager to get access to for-sale houses for the two to have sex in.

matt_garth likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"I'm sorry your (dad or grandfather) died, but remember that time we boned in his bed" is a text that should never be sent - even to a consenting adult.

Neutral Corner, sgreenwell and wicked like this.
  12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

If you’re looking for background on the rail strike, here’s a pretty good overview.

Draft saved Draft deleted