1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I believe Mark Zuckerberg is what you’d call center left.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Lolololololol

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A small sample of Joe Biden when he is pandering: "You know, you’ve heard me say many times: I intend to be the most pro-union President leading the most pro-union administration in American history." . ... "And every day, we remember that America wasn’t built by Wall Street. They’re not all bad folks out on Wall Street. I’m not suggesting that. But they didn’t build America. It was built by the middle class, and unions built the middle class. ... "When unions win, workers across the board win. That’s a fact. Families win, community wins, America wins."

Here is Joe Biden in action (when the BS is no longer flowing). ... calling for Congress to block a union railroad strike: Rail unions decry Biden's call for Congress to block strike. Businesses praise the plan | CNN Business

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I love how a link to a NYT story would be spurious evidence because that organization tilts too far to the right for you.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Of course he called for a block. He runs the corporate party now. a bizarre turn of events.

Though, to be fair, I seem to recall him leaning on Kellogg’s to capitulate to strikers

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I was golfing with a railroad exec last month and a strike would be catastrophic for our economy. Sometimes you have to be pragmatic.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Went to one of my regular courses out in the county on Monday to play golf. The guy who has a house on the 14th hole who proudly displays Fuck Biden and Don't Tread on Me flags on his back railing has swapped out his Trump 2024 flag for a Desantis 2024 flag.

Trump is going to get embarrassed. The deplorables have moved on.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A quick scan of opensecrets.org knocks a hole in that statement.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'll venture to speak for every single person in Georgia, in saying that every single one of them -- no exceptions -- knows that Herschel Walker is an incompetent moron. And amazingly, somehow they know this without Bill Bradley telling them. The other incompetent morons in the state don't know much, but they do know that Herschel Walker is an ignorant clown. Herschel Walker himself has to know it.

It's not about whether he has the capacity to do a good job. It's about whether enough people care. Clearly, some people don't care at all. Others will take his incompetence over someone who seems more competent, but who they fear will do things as a senator that they don't want.

This is the state of American public office.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    Fred siegle and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

“Aligns increasingly” - that’s inaccurate?

Draft saved Draft deleted