1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Massacree in Five Part Harmony (Thanksgiving 2022 thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Nov 21, 2022.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2F994925-32F9-483A-9245-E07B1DD647E6.jpeg

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I miss the Crossed Giblets of Death.

Wenders, HanSenSE, Slacker and 2 others like this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's for the kids, man.

Gravy-Wrestling-1.jpg

cjericho likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You can get anything you want

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I just want to know if this SSATB or SATBB.

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Best Christmas song ever.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've spent so much time traveling the last two months that I'm looking forward to chilling close to home, spending Thanksgiving day playing morning golf, watching football (NFL and World Cup), drinking and eating buffalo chicken dip. Thanksgiving just never has been a big holiday for me, going back to my journo days when I had to work every Black Friday. And I could give a fuck about turkey. Worst meat.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

One of the radio stations used to put Alice's Restaurant on auto-repeat Wednesday before Thanksgiving (or my car radio kismet was amazing.) I'd listen to it during the last stretch of the drive from Memphis to Nashville starting at the Dickson County line. Maybe it was kismet. I always, ALWAYS heard Mitch Ryder and/or George Thorogood crackle into audibility as I approached Memphis.

britwrit, garrow and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m doing something so wildly out of character for me it wouldn’t be any more shocking if I went vegan for Thanksgiving.

Got a date back in the old hometown for Friday night. Maybe the third or fourth time I’ve been out with somebody since my marriage ended in 2013.

tea and ease, Cosmo, Wenders and 7 others like this.
  11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Used to be the highlight of my holiday season.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

My wife felt sorry for my 80-something parents always having to host Thanksgiving so she invited them. (they would have Thanksgiving for the wing of the family that lives about 50 miles from here, and we'd host for the five or six who lived near us). My wife's mother was already coming. Then my daughter and son-in-law, who had been going to his side's Thanksgiving since they got married nine years ago, decided to change up and come here. Then he wanted to bring his mother, who has mood swings worse than a 13-year junior prom queen. Then my sister, who is also bipolar, decided to come. That means we have to invite her only kid, a nice enough young man (he's 30) who will be bringing a girlfriend of color to the proceedings.

Did I mention my parents and my wife's mother are MAGA to the core?
    And my son-in-law, on his third rum and coke, will start yelling at me again for not voting Iowa high enough the last time I had an AP vote.

I'm almost praying for a stroke and to be comatose through Friday.

Draft saved Draft deleted