1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Trump is being chiefed by real life for the first time in his sorry existence.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The funny part is that of all the investigations Trump is facing, the documents case is one of the most minor. While the Archives certainly has a case, and some of the documents concerned may hold important national secrets, the case isn't on the same level as decades of fraud. If the FBI/NSA or info from the Five Eyes says that he's actively attempting to sell it, that would up the ante but otherwise it's kind of small potatoes. Of course, he may also have retained possession of 1/6 related docs to keep them from being seen, or other evidence of crime that he can't afford others to get.

However, the DoJ seems to have an insider providing them information. That's going to increase Trump's paranoia and suspicion, likely leading to his lashing out at those around him. It will also worry all the Trumpworld insiders that they might be exposed to charges, and will increase their own paranoia and infighting. It may push some toward flipping ahead of further legal actions to come. Prosecutors sometimes use this sort of tactic to disrupt and set a criminal group against each other, just to see what might happen, who might turn against whom, who might feel threatened and turn state's witness. That group was a viper's nest when all was going well, let alone as the pressure increases.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Most of the FBI unit involved in the raid were part of the division involved with fighting nuclear proliferation.

:eek::eek:

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Frankly, I hope Fucko's head explodes in living color on national TV.
    But only if it comes five seconds after his butt explodes into his diaper.

6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I keep about 10 trumpers on my Facebook friends list. I have them muted, but keep them to check out what they say from time to time especially when there is a big story. Some observations:

— they are almost always completely silent for 24-36 hours afterward. These are people who post shit multiple times a day. They just shut down. I assume it’s because they don’t want to read anything bad about trump during that time.
    — the next 24-36 hours they may make one post and it won’t be political. Usually a meme or a comment on a television show. I assume they are stepping a foot back out, but have no idea how to talk about the case without being crapped on.
    — after about three days, they will address the story with either a whataboutism that they’ve seen work on 4chan or with an oped piece from a right-wing site. They won’t engage any posts that differ from their opinion.
    — the mal discoveries have been no different.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Antifa, or BLM?

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

FBI false flag, and for sure not any one of the crazies motivated by the GOP explaining how we've become a banana republic governed by an overtly corrupt regime.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Hope it gets flooded by the gays! The only 2 options...ladies and gentlemen...qualifies. Would love to see that.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

"Your favorite photos of yourself doing what you love or being with the people you love" may or may not include ones of you about to get grabbed by the pussy by a certain former president. But "no pronouns necessary!"

Draft saved Draft deleted