1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running '22-'23 NCAA Football thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I went on to Twitter this morning and saw that Phil Steele was talking in a space. I dropped in and listened, learned a few things about how he does things, history of his magazine, etc. Interesting.

Anyhow, someone asked him how he handled FCS teams that were moving up to FBS. He said that for the last few years they had been tracking FBS - I don't know if he meant all of them or just the top teams. Doesn't matter.

Anyhow, he says "Well, take James Madison for example. We've got them ranked higher than Vanderbilt, and they had a voter who thought they would win the SEC. That must be someone who isn't held responsible for his picks. Can you imagine if I had picked Vandy #1 in the SEC?"

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A look at San Diego State's new stadium. Looks nice. About 35,000 seats, can double as a soccer stadium.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I wondered why they named it after a weird flower -- Snapdragon. Then I looked it up. Of course.

maumann likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

5. Neutral Corner

Clipped from the old MTV show Two a Days, about the Hoover High program under Russ Probst.

Jeremy Pruitt had never heard of asparagus.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I thought Eli was 68 years old thirty years ago when he was with MRN. Get well, Eli.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My all-time favorite college football story outside of Tuscaloosa. Note the November schedule in the age of train travel.

43D97471-5CB5-4DB7-A332-4ABCF884BE19.png B812F978-98FE-4408-A221-42EA77377B57.png DDCC7260-27FD-410F-AD68-8140AC3A106C.jpeg

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I’m curious why Florida State is playing LSU in the dome week 1.
    I would think playing under the lights at DV would be a lot better atmosphere…….

Draft saved Draft deleted