1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 27, 2022.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Well, I just enjoyed the hell out of the final two episodes. (Had to catch up after a trip).

Had high expectations and this series met them. The final battle scene with Obi and Darth with the cracked helmet and voice changing was great stuff.

I think there will be another season. But it’s gotta be a complete departure for Kenobi from original trilogy stuff. A whole new adventure.

They went to the Vader well and made a great series. But you can only do that once.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sand People In Love. Obi-Wan is the wacky neighbor.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yep. He knows Anakin is gone.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They probably can't do it again, but I do think there has been a consistent effort to re-establish Darth Vader as a dangerous villain going back to Rogue One. That was the entire reason for the scene with him slaughtering rebels at the end of that movie. They certainly demonstrated his power and his capacity for cruelty and brutality in this series.

Of course, they also gave us the best live-action version of Obi-Wan's power and skill that we've ever seen, too.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a second season of Kenobi, but man, I really hope its isolated from the Skywalker stuff. Having him explore the depths of the SW universe for Jedi, or meet up with Yoda to conquer a non-Emperor evil, or just mystery of the week.

cyclingwriter2 and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

There can definitely be more Vader in other series. I’d love to see it. It just can’t be Vader and Kenobi.

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Vader and Kenobi have to be done until New Hope. The way that plays is that Obi-Wan has been hiding out that whole time. Plus, if he starts moving around he's going to be found or it becomes harder to explain why he isn't found or having an impact.

They can always do more with Vader, and it would seem there are still a few Jedi out there so what happens to them? Also, just going to ignore whatever happens to Reva?

But as it is they already unlocked too much of Leia and Kenobi, although they kind of wrapped that up. Ten-year-olds have memories. They can't do much more in those areas without screwing up New Hope.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Just remake Kung-Fu. Jedi wanders the Galaxy looking for Macguffin, hi jinx ensues.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Starman

Yeah. There has to be absolutely no reason for Vader or anybody else involved with the Empire at a level above parking enforcement to pay any attention to Tattooine.

Now the Organa family is different. Bail
    renains a galactic Senator, working as "the loyal opposition" to provide bureaucratic brakes on Palpatine, and also doing undercover spying for the Rebellion. Presumably Leia will participate in these activities.

Remember also, it's Disney driving the ship. You think around 2027-28 or so they'll be able to resist a series about a 16-17 year-old Leia swashbuckling around as a junior senator from Alderaan as well as conducting secret spy missions for the Rebellion?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is definitely plenty they can do with Vader. The comics are canon and those deal with many different eras of his life from Revenge of the Sith to Return of the Jedi.

11. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

EMPIRE

Questionable: SL Darth Vader (3rd degree burns).

Just got done with these. Much like Boba Fett, started slow, finished strong, though this time witout Mando's help. There is no way this series is not continued, though maybe not under the Obi-Wan Kenobi banner. Reva’s story still has much to be told, and they let her live for a reason. … Roken literally said “I’m just getting started.”

Kenobi said to Leia something along the lines of “Come ask me for help when I’m an old man.” So I don’t think he’s going to be back. As others have said, he needs some time away from “Darth” in order for their exchange in E4 to make sense. But as also was pointed out, Leia clearly crossed paths with Vader prior to ANH, so it would be good to see when/where that happens. And it would be a shame if that youngster doesn’t get to play some more of the young princess.

There may not be an Episode 7 of Obi-Wan, but that show's characters still have a lot of ways they can proceed.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Starman

As of the Kenobi mini-series, Vader is basically a loose cannon roaming the galaxy to h (unt down and wipe out Jedi, and appears to have little to do with any other objective of the Empire (a fact noted by Sheev in his brief holo-appearance). I'd guess in any future Vader appearances, he'll be working on a shortened leash -- leading up to being a subordinate of Tarkin by the time of Rogue One.

Also, it's clear Obi-Wan ages quite visibly and quite dramatically over the next 10 years, pointing toward a hard life in the Jundland Wastes. I figuring they'd use his severe burns in the battle with Vader as the reason he suddenly gets wizened and white-haired, but five minutes in the bacta tank and he appeared pretty much rejuvenated.

Draft saved Draft deleted