1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Departures at 247Sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MeanGreenATO, May 31, 2022.

1. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been brought up elsewhere, but a few notable names are leaving 247Sports as of today. Shea Dixon (LSU), Thomas Goldkamp (Florida) and Keith Niebuhr (Auburn).

I know people do not like recruiting reporters, but I thought 247 had a lot of team-centric guys and reporters who were solid pros. Given the timing on what feels like the end of a contract cycle, I wonder what this means for 247 long-term.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I worked with Keith Niebuhr in a past life. Solid reporter, good guy.

Matt1735 likes this.
  3. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

Never met him but obviously people had great things to say about him.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I saw Goldkamp post something over the weekend on Twitter about contemplating life after beat reporting, so I don't know if he walked away or why.

There's a job posting on the Paramount site for what appears to be his position, as of May 23.

Florida, Sr Writer 247sports (viacomcbs.com)

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A new site recruited a bunch of folks for June 1.

6. On3 caught up to Rivals and 247 in no time. I think it already has the best coverage and message board community for my team.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ooo, nice - hadn't seen this site yet. I like 247 because their database of hoops prospects is enormous, but they do come up blank from time to time. Good to have another outlet to check.

Draft saved Draft deleted