1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Here we go: preseason openers through World Series.

Four Green Hat games Thursday including the Cubs/Sox playing a 7-inning doubleheader. Pretty much everybody else is off and running Friday.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Starman

Touted Tigers OF prospect Riley Greene goes opposite field for a second inning homer against the Phillies, joining Akil Baddoo in a back to back homer combo.

maumann likes this.
  3. Starman

The closed captioning of the NBCSN broadcast of the Tigers-Pirates game just called Steve Blass "Steve Blast."

maumann likes this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Gwen wore her Tigers hat to the Valspar yesterday, and around a dozen people stopped us to talk about Greene and Torkelson. There's a positive buzz for now.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Even as a lifelong Cubs fan, my favorite player as a kid was Donnie Baseball. By a lot.

I will weep watching this:

heyabbott and bigpern23 like this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Per the thread title, dropped the YES network from my cable package so I can afford tickets for Macca and the rest of the Wheelchairs Assemble acts coming through this summer.

7. Starman

I've seen Paul five or six times, about the same as the Stones.
    If Bruce and the ESB come out one last time, maybe I'll go. But no more 12-day, 8-show grand tours.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The only Yankee that has his number retired who never won a World Series. But for Yankees fans who grew up in that era between the dynasties of the late 70s and late 90s, it's no stretch to say he's as beloved as Mantle or Dimaggio were to fans of their era.

And they showed a second of it in the trailer, but this will forever be Mattingly's greatest highlight IMO.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I'll always remember Tsuyoshi Shinjo as the next-to-last out in the Angels' World Series victory in 2002, but as the new manager of the Nippom Ham Fighters (Shohei Ohtani's former team), he's sure trying to get a lot of attention:

'Big Boss' era begins in appropriate fashion

10. Starman

We need a team called the Ham Fighters. Better than "Guardians."

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's the Nippon Ham Fighters. Nippon Ham owns the team. Just like the Tokyo Giants' square name is the Yomiuri Giants.

Translation: This will not end well.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Starman

I know, but we still need a team called the Ham Fighters.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted