1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hyundais and Kias are FYAH, baby (park it outside ASAP PDQ)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Feb 9, 2022.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If you have any of these vehicles in your possession, consider parking them outside and away from structures.
    • 2014-2016 Kia Sportage
    • 2016-2018 Kia K900
    • 2016-2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
    • 2017-2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
    • 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe XL
    • 2014-2015 Hyundai Tucson
    Contamination in the antilock brake module may cause an electrical short, which increases the risk of fire whether the vehicles are parked or being driven.

Park outside: Hyundai, Kia recall vehicles due to fire risk
    Recall: Your Hyundai or Kia May Spontaneously Combust, So Park It Outside

Check your VIN here: Recalls | NHTSA

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Made me think of the guy I carpooled to high school with for a year, he had an early-70s Porsche 914 -- arguably the worst Porsches of all time (actually there probably isn't an argument). Nothing but the tach worked on the dashboard. No speedometer, no odometer, no gauges. He'd fill it up with gas every five days just to be safe, 'cause he had no idea.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Up until last year I had a 2010 Elantra. One day I parked nose-out in a driveway on busy Route 1o in north Jersey to drop off something. A few seconds later I heard a crunching sound behind me. My Hyundai had slipped out of park and drifted across the two-lane road before stopping against the median. By the grace of a higher entity there was a break in traffic otherwise, who knows what could have happened. I hightailed it out of there, and the same thing happened a few days later in a parking lot, the car only moved a few inches before stopping against the parking barrier. I got rid of it within a week.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Mississippi Maserati.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

... but enough about my former 1990 Lexus ...

Draft saved Draft deleted