1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The more I think of it, I agree with Della. Clemson May slip as low as 7, but that’s probably it. I also don’t think this Clemson team is good enough to run the table. Will eat my words if I’m wrong.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

UAB starting to rub its hands ahead of its game with Georgia …

… with plenty of Purell

maumann and Neutral Corner like this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I thought Kirby said preseason this was being handled

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Now Edsall is stepping down immediately at UConn. That program is just lost in the wilderness.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Hire a twat, get twatty things.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They may not be "good enough" but the rest of their schedule can probably be handled by their second string.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Maybe we'll get fortunate. UGA is already very thin at WR.

I think UAB's OL is as good as Clemson's, based on what I saw... but Georgia's front seven terrifies me. Veteran and sizable OL, QB is a veteran, but I'm worried about our RB's. Our big hammer put it on the ground twice, and our speed slasher is small enough that they're gonna arm tackle him a good bit. If he pops he can get good yardage, but he's got to get through first.

Defense is a strength, and if they can't pass well I think that's a decent matchup.

As can be said about any game, but in particular UAB's end of this one, play clean, limit turnovers, and no dumb penalties. If UAB spots them an extra hundred yards on penalties (as they have fairly often in the last couple of years) we're screwed.

It's doable. Just unlikely.

maumann likes this.
  8. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

That's some crowd in Atlanta. It looks like a mid-December bowl game between Middle Tennessee and New Mexico State

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Or every December Falcons home game.

Louisville needs to blitz every down and hope for the best. As soon as they give Corral time and the receivers any cushion it is over.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Fascinating that the outbreak is announced one day after the big win over Clemson.

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

That Fiesta Bowl seems like a million years ago.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

UConn to FBS seems — to this UConn layman — like the worst major Athletics decision by a school in forever. Worse than any coaching hire. Worse than any program placement or conference affiliation decision.
    Feel free to set me straight.

Draft saved Draft deleted