1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey Cup Glory: The 2021 CFL running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by maumann, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I’m no football ref, let alone a CFL ref, but I assume the ball would have been placed where it was when the receiver was ruled down. So the two-foot line, or maybe the one-yard line, I guess.

2. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I don’t think you can scrimmage closer than the one.

3. Sea Bass

Also, I don’t see him ever being out of bounds in the end zone. He went out of bounds after he ran back out of the end zone and caught the ball.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Big win for my Argos at home against Winnipeg yesterday. Solid performance on both sides of the ball.

maumann likes this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He knocks the pylon over.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And the ball is out of the end zone. This is no different than a receiver coming back for a ball with his feet beyond the first down marker but the ball short of the marker.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Man, you have way overthought this. What part of "the ball has to break the plane of the goal line" aren't you remembering? When EVERYBODY tells you you're wrong, maybe you're wrong.

8. TheSportsPredictor

I’m not wrong about him knocking down the pylon.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Where in the rules does it say that knocking down a pylon makes it a touchdown, regardless of where the ball is? Like I said, you way overthought this.

10. TheSportsPredictor

That’s why I asked. Since it’s out of bounds in the end zone, where would the ball be placed? Then someone said he didn’t see the guy out of bounds in the end zone.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Where the ball is at the time. In the CFL it can’t be placed closer than the one.

12. Sea Bass

Fair enough if his hitting the pylon makes him out of bounds. There’s still no way that’s a touchdown.

Draft saved Draft deleted