1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nebraska AD Bill Moos is out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 25, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Breaking, and the story thus far isn’t clear about whether this is voluntary or if he’s being ousted.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Coincides with end of fiscal year Trustees meetings at most colleges, but I’d be surprised if they whack him for revenue shortfall in a Trumpandemic year. Especially because his coach was front and center in demanding football be played.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Who is going to bail out Mike Leach when he fails at Mississippi State now?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Liut likes this.
  6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

All you needed to add was "to pasture" to this title thread, but I suppose the ART of headlining is TRULY DEAD.

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

There's always Wossamotta U.

Fred siegle and da man like this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Bugeaters squash one of their own.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

And now here’s something we hope you’ll really like …

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Does anyone else find it odd that, among his accomplishments at UNO, they mentioned dropping football and wrestling as part of upgrading to D1?

Liut likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I didn't know they had football at Omaha in the first place. But he couldn't have been reviled too badly for it; he hung around for several more years.

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I have some experience with UNO and at one time I might have been close to cracking into the SID office, which would have been an awesome career step at the time. Funny enough, they didn't have the budget for the spot.

Anyway, they did have football and it wasn't terrible. OK crowds on Saturdays. Shaquil Barrett actually started there, as a more recent name. Wrestling was a powerhouse. And that's putting it lightly. When it got dropped it ruffled some feathers, but, hey, it seems to be pretty normal for wrestling any more.

Really though, to see UNO from then, basically playing basketball in a high school gym with no fans, soccer programs that were top-level nationally but playing in empty fields, etc., to having an OK hockey team (they were D-1 then, and probably a big reason sports had to go), their own facilities for hockey and basketball and good enough success at D-1 under Alberts, he really has kind of done OK.

I didn't like the hire then, and that wasn't uncommon, especially with the football and wresting thing, but he really grew that AD significantly. Now, can he do it at Nebraska? Who knows. But I guess he at least knows the place.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted