1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Big monster fight big monster and Stranger Things girl and kid from Deadpool.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Watched Bladrrunner 2049 which has some excellent modelwork.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I guess I'm an old. Kong used to be small enough to put on exhibition inside a Broadway theater. Now he's as tall as Godzilla, who kicks over skyscrapers.

He grew up and took steroids I guess.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Argo. Alan Arkin is great. One of my favorite lines of all time, “Argo fuck yourself.”

Liut likes this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

"Can I be honest with you?"

"No, I want you to bullshit me."

Liut likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

My favorite John Goodman line from Argo:

"So you want to come to Hollywood, act like a big shot...without actually doing anything?...You'll fit right in."

DanielSimpsonDay and Liut like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Die Hard IS/ISN'T a Christmas movie what IS/ISN'T an Easter Movie?

Frankenstein - "HE'S ALIVE!"
    High Plains Drifter - Truly Biblical (didn't realize it doesn't qualify as a "spaghetti western" because it was filmed at Mono Lake in California and directed by Eastwood.
    The Godfather - Michael truly honors his father by joining the family business, when he could have just gone on living his life.

Liut likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I watched it too since I've got HBO Max and that was two of the stupidest hours I've seen. What was the reason for all this??? And yeah, Kong was sooo much smaller than Godzilla.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Train to Busan.

Above average zombie flick

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So a story about a movie:
    A couple years ago a movie called "Point Blank" with Anthony Mackie and Frank Grillo was recommended to me by Netflix. I watched it and was thoroughly entertained. Non-stop action, semi-buddy type movie that really moves - but what really hooked me was this "big bad" who was out to get Grillo was fantastic, was a nut for William Friedkin films one of which was a movie called "Sorcerer" with Roy Scheider.
    Now I must have passed on "Sorcerer" a dozen times back when video stores were a thing in the '80s. Didn't matter how late it was, how barren the shelves were, even if Roy Scheider was in it - no way was I going to watch a movie called "Sorcerer." I'll go watch Ken Wahl in "The Patriot" for a third or fourth time.
    But "Point Blank" informed me that it wasn't about some witchcraft or fantasy type plot - it was about a bunch of ex-pats with nothing left to lose transporting VERY unstable dynamite 200 miles across god-forsaken roads in some unnamed Latin America country that is on the cusp of a revolution. Yeah - I was IN. Kind of a cross between Deliverance and Treasure of the Sierra Madre. And I have to say, it is easily the BEST movie with the DUMBEST and WORST title I've ever scene. Sorcerer was the name of one of the trucks. Another bonus, Tangerine Dream did the soundtrack (as they did for the aforementioned "The Patriot)." Friedkin blamed the lackluster initial box office on opening the same weekend as "Star Wars" so yeah - I get that. But damn - worth checking out if you are looking for an overlooked gem from the '70s.

heyabbott and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Point Blank was solid. Check out "Wheelman" with Grillo on Netflix if you haven't already. And yeah, Sorcerer is awesome.

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Watched both "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom" and "One Night in Miami" this week. Like the second one better. Interesting with they are both derived from plays.

The first felt like a play, the second did not. I thought Chadwick Boseman kind of chewed the scenery in Ma Rainey's. The depictions of the four famous guys in Miami was spot on. It was really an interesting flick.

Draft saved Draft deleted