1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Woke up in the middle of the night and an episode of The Fugitive was on. Awesome series.

In the early 1990s, I was working split shifts (morning/afternoon). A&E ran episodes daily in midday. I was hooked.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The QAnon show on HBO is very confusing.

Webster likes this.
  3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

So I started on The Stand on Netflix, with some reservations because I know it was not well reviewed. I watched the first one and I thought, okay I'm not super keen on the way they've tried to unroll the story but it was okay.

I turned the second episode off. I've read the book five or six times in my life. But the jumping around in time was so confusing to me, even though I'm so familiar with the story, I couldn't figure out what they were doing.

Severian likes this.
  4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Interesting. The time shifting bugged me for about 5 minutes and then I was fine with it. On the other hand, I could probably recite the novel from memory so it's hard to get confused. :)

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I have been watching Rizzoli and Isles on Hulu and have been really enjoying it. I've known lately I was getting to the point where they were going to need to write Lee Thompson Young's character off the show, but man it was a gut punch of an episode.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What I've seen tonight is truly, truly awful. As bad as anything I've ever watched

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can we just say The Masked Singer should prepare a "Shark" costume for its next group of shows because when you have to play the "lets make our host one of the Masked Singers" card in season 2 (or 3? not really sure) - you probably won't be around much longer.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The first season was fun, but that was enough for me. Most of the "celebrities" are barely Dancing with the Stars level of D List level.

Masked Singer is just stupid now – reality blurred

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I’m watching the first season of Goliath. I love BBT, but I’m finding it to be heavy lifting. Kind of preposterous.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The first 4-5 episodes were really good and then dipped. Season 2 was one of the worst seasons of TV I ever watched.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

And Season 3 was equally bad.

12. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I think I’m right at episode 5 and the shady guy is framing up the drug seizure. As if everything in the litigation wasn’t over the top.

The evil corporation was covering up illegal munitions testing but they can’t cover up a cash payout?

Also I love Yoakam, but he can’t pull off being a CEO, especially with that hair. I know he and BBT are buddies but he needed to put him in a different role.

Draft saved Draft deleted