1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

According to the Github at Hopkins, five states -- Michigan, New York, Florida, Pennsylvania and Texas -- accounted for 43.3% of the new cases of April 6. Those states account for 28.25% of the population.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Brazil seems bad. I have not read, but do vaccines protect against that variant? Is there enough data?

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

NY, NJ, PA. ...

5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

If not, we are in serious trouble. “End of the world as we know it” trouble, if variants continue to evolve faster than new vaccines can be developed.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Is anyone calling the B.1.1.7. variant Stealth?

maumann likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Typhoid Mary approves.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Is the virus ravaging the Vancouver Canucks the Brazilian? Story I saw just said it is a variant. Do the Canucks have a Brazilian defenseman or massage therapist?

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Our 7-week old daughter tested positive last night.

She'd been mildly sick for a day or two — sneezing, runny nose — and had a fever last night. With a baby that young, of course, any fever is a doctor's visit and lucky us, at 10 p.m. it meant the ER.

Generally, she wasn't too uncomfortable or anything, though, and they didn't find much wrong with her, were ready to send her home but, hey, let's run some tests first...

We were shocked, as was the doctor, she came back positive for Covid.

Fortunately, she seems to be doing fine today and the fever has gone down. The rest of us feel fine, too.

My wife and I both got out first shots a few weeks ago. Our 3 y.o. daughter did have a 24-hour fever 10 or so days ago, stayed home from for a few days, but hasn't had any other symptoms. Maybe she had it then? Maybe she brought it home from school?

We'd have absolutely no idea where else we'd have gotten it. We have been a little more active since we got the shots, but even then I'm not sure anything fits the schedule well enough for a logical explanation. It's still mostly just grocery store and take-out food for us.

We're all going to get tested this afternoon.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yikes, scary. Hoping for the best for you guys.

Baron Scicluna, Pilot and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted