1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JRoyal, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Young Bucks doing the noncommittal heel turn is an interesting storyline. Yeah, Omega is their buddy and he's turned heel. So they do a babyheel turn because they can't stand to beat up their old Bullet Club partner.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

More women's tag teams need cool names like men's teams do. Just saying.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

They don’t give a shit about women’s tag teams and their booking. Just randomly throw two women together and now they’re a team.

And when they do get a cool name, they’re broken up. See The IIconics, Fire & Ice, etc. At least they put the Riott Squad back together sans Logan.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Tjey can’t even keep women’s tag teams together long enough without the “can they get along” storyline. Now you want them to actively think up nicknames?

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Poor Adam Cole. It's tough enough living up to past no-holds-barred matches. He's gotta live up to past no-holds-barred matches in his own household.

Gutter likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, at least there is a doctor in his house.

Helluva match. O’Reilly’s back looked like a roadmap to Tahoe.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Overall, I thought Night 1 was better than Night 2, but that no-holds-barred match was excellent. I'm thinking that may be Cole's swan song for NXT and they send him to Raw or Smackdown. I kinda hope they send O'Reilly up to Raw and put the U.S. belt on him and let him hold it at least six or seven months to build him up, but I have a feeling we'll see him with the North American title in NXT.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Interesting discussion on this weeks Masked Man pod about what should be the first “live pop” Saturday night based on music, who deserves it etc. They kind of settled on Seth or New Day. I think New Day the the best choice

Based on Sasha Banks making the rounds saying she’s main eventing it sounds like it’ll be Drew.

Mixed feelings. Drew deserves the pop but I dont think the crowd will go crazy for him. And I think Lashley deserves the main event just as much as Banks, if not more.

You cant discuss Banks/Belair closing the show without the identity of it all.....so I’m forced to wonder, has a black man ever raised the title at the end of a Mania? Kofi didn’t close the show, the one main event title match Rock won also didnt close the show....Rock did raise his hand at the close of once in a lifetime so that counts I suppose

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

The Man returning Saturday?

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

A Becky return = biggest pop of the weekend, over whatever happens with either of the universal/world titles?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Mr. T in Wrestlemania I and Lawrence Taylor at WM 11.
    Rock also beat Cena to close WM 28.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I kind of hope Becky doesn't return at Mania, just because we're expecting it now. The show is already so loaded that its two nights, I don't think you also need her return.

Draft saved Draft deleted