1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

How do you control for the fact that severe COVID patients are more likely to be older and thus more susceptible to stroke and dementia? High weight also could account for the severe symptoms and stroke.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But it’s just the flu.
    People who whine about guvmint overreach in imposing restrictions really hack me off. In the coming years, we are going to learn that this thing is even worse than we currently suspect it is.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The CDC should snag Gonzaga to push for continued mask wearing and not to let up with COVID prevention.

"We were undefeated....until we weren't."

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Did you know that “high BMI” people, i.e. the “obese,” were prioritized for the COVID-19 vaccines in many states?

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Try wearing one that says "Biden Harris". Though actual comments about it are 9-3 in favor. (myrtle beach area)

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Just got a notification from the Twitter bot I signed up for — usually there is one county site making appointments for the next day and occasionally some same- day cancellations. Today there were notification for multiple sites each day over the next week, including the first J&J available here. Pretty soon, it will be very simple.

7. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

That's how it hit me. The next I took a midday nap.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

CDC updates state vaccination rates weekly. In states that voted for Biden, 32% of the population has received at least one shot. In Trumpist states, the rate is 28%.
    Of the 13 states with the highest rates, 11 voted for Biden. All of the bottom 13 are Trumpist.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think it's only fair to note that the difference between 32 and 28 percent is not THAT large. When the numbers get over 50 percent, if the Trump states lag, there will indeed be a bigger gap. Also, there may be many folks in Trump states who want the vaccine but are dealing with less competent distribution.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

A third of new cases are in people under 35. And I can't find the link, but I read yesterday that 47% of new cases are in five states. Only ones I remember for certain were Florida and Michigan.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

If they get over 50 percent in some states.

Draft saved Draft deleted