1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods injured

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mngwa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friends, is is possible LAPD believes Mr. Woods has been punished enough at this point for his poor driving that morning?

There is no need to prosecute here.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I read cops can't charge off black box data.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I mean, I wouldn't see why it's not like any other piece of evidence. Typically, in a DUI case, you're not charging based *solely* on a breath test - you have that, you have observations by officers at the scene, maybe you have a witness or two, you get a warrant for a blood draw, you get a warrant for the car's black box, etc. For any arrest, you shouldn't have just -one- piece of evidence. It's like writing a research paper with just one citation - it could be 100 percent true, but you want as much supporting evidence as you can get.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Plus you have the tree.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Thing is, if he had died, are the details delayed?
    If someone else in another vehicle was seriously injured and/or killed, are the details delayed?

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

George, George, George of the Jungle ...

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Forty miles over the limit and he never touched the brakes. Driving fast and dozed.

I can't help thinking that Joe Blow would have been tested for alcohol/drugs.

8. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It was 7 a.m., my friend.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

In fact, he sped up after he lost control.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Some people are just headed home about that time.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Two things:

When public resources are utilized, the public has the right to know what the resources were used for and uncovered, unless there is ongoing litigation or some other situation where public disclosure would affect the public entity's position; a person's right to privacy is not at issue and not a basis to withhold the public's right to know;

while he was definitely speeding, falling asleep at the wheel or being distracted is not necessarily a moving vehicle violation; the standard is was the act unreasonable? So not an automatic violation/crime. One person accidents occur all the time and they're not charged (at least in CA).

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Oak tree yer in my way...

Draft saved Draft deleted