1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 MBB coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A little more to Old Town the occasional time I could get out of the house (was there trying to help with taking care of a declining parent). Saw a couple of games at Moby thanks to comp tickets from my non-journalism employer who knew my background ... Miles was doing well, but the quality of ball was not good (I don't THINK I'm a basketball snob, but ACC is the Premier League and MWC is maybe MLS). For I-25 not to be consistently closed because of winter. Tired of walking across the street into a swale where the recycling bin and trash bin had blown 100 feet from where I had placed it curbside.

I will say that the people were uncommonly decent, and most were really nice. Driving there was a similar experience ... people, in general, abided by courtesies and rules of the road and there weren't a fraction of the stupid drivers and maneuvers of idiocy. Worked with a great organization that tossed a going-away gathering when they found out I was leaving ... and I was a serious, serious nobody. Humidity in summer was much, much better, too.

Not by any means saying that Fort Collins was bad, MileHigh. But something was ... missing.

MileHigh likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

For what very little it is worth (never spent the night west of the Minneapolis suburbs) I am much more interested in seeing Portland than San Jose. And if I had to make a blind choice, even before cost of living factors, think I would go with Portland there too.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I figure, if you want to start climbing the coaching ladder again, you have to start somewhere. Heck, in 1999 I'm sure people thought Steve Fisher was nuts for taking on the job at San Diego State, and he ended up sticking around and establishing a strong program.

Liut likes this.
  4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Archie's available. Keep it in the family.

I think Dan Majerle might be interested, he did a nice job at Grand Canyon.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

God help us if he coaches someplace with high humidity.

Chef2 and dixiehack like this.
  7. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Saw Jerry Hairston suggesting Mike Bibby.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Someone just tip off Arizona to what the fuck has been going on there?

sgreenwell, Liut and Webster like this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I can’t help but think of Goodbye Earl by the Dixie Chicks.

And it turns out he was a missing person who nobody missed at all.

Chef2 likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This passage from this story amazes me.
    But there's going to be a strong push from former Arizona players to hire someone in the family -- and there's no shortage of options if the Wildcats choose to go that route. Pacific's Damon Stoudamire and Georgia Tech's Josh Pastner are likely atop that list, along with Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach Miles Simon. Other names with Lute Olson and Arizona ties include current assistant coach Jason Terry and Sacramento Kings head coach Luke Walton.

Josh Pastner? Have people already forgotten that he had his own NCAA issues at Georgia Tech? I know the Jackets were banned from a tournament that wasn't played and they still got credit for time served, but come on now.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Cannot see Pastner, not only because of the NCAA issues, but also because he might finally getting traction in Atlanta.

Damon Stoudamire sounds about right, especially if he can put some strong recruiters on staff.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If it's all about the bucks, I'm gonna guess Arizona has more to spend than Tech.

Draft saved Draft deleted