1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's fine. I forgot that you and possibly others stick to the app rather than accessing the league on a desktop. I'm just trying to figure out if those times make sense. People need to send in their lists after the deadline to temporarily stop add/drops.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Are players who get dropped right before deadline eligible or do they have to go through the normal waiver timeline?

3. outofplace

Good question. I assume we would have to allow guys cut before the deadline to be selected.

4. outofplace

Okay, I'm about to post this on the league site. Benches will expand from five to seven players this weekend. I am leaving a window of about 20 hours between stopping add/drops and submitting player lists so people have time to see what's available before submitting a list. I figure everyone should have a few minutes at some point between 2 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday.

Benches will expand from five to seven players this weekend. This is a temporary rule change for the 2021 season only. It is meant to allow teams to compensate for COVID-related issues like the one that hit the Nationals to start the season. We will have a sort of draft with the following rules. All Add/Drops must stop at 2 p.m. Saturday. There is no way for me to lock this, so I’m going to have to trust all of you to follow the rule. I really don’t want to have to go undoing moves, so please play along. Teams will then have until 10 a.m. Sunday to submit to me a list of players they would want in order of preference for their two additional bench slots. This will essentially be a two-round snake draft, so Magnify Yanks will get the first pick and the 24th. The second pick will pair with the 23rd, third with 22nd, and so forth. You may choose players currently on waivers or free agents, so a player dropped right before the Saturday deadline will be eligible.

I would prefer that you all submit your player list via email through the site, but I will accept lists via PM on SJ.com if necessary. After 10 a.m. Sunday, I will expand the rosters and add the players for you. Once that is done, I will announce on the league site and SJ.com that add/drops may resume. If you do not submit a list by the deadline, or if you do not submit enough players, you will have to fill your additional spots with add/drops after everyone else has made their selections. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance for playing along. Let me know if you have questions.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I’m assuming the times are EDT?

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I’ve already got six guys on the IL lol.

7. outofplace

Damn. I'm sorry. I thought I had that in the post. Yes, all times are EDT.

8. outofplace

Ouch. When I read that, I figured maybe you had more than one of the Nationals who went on due to COVID, but that's only one of yours.

9. outofplace

Bump to remind everyone to please stop add/drops at 2 p.m. Eastern today and turn in your list of options by 10 a.m. tomorrow. I already have a few lists. At the deadline, I will change the league settings and start adding the players. Please wait until I make the announcement here and on the league site that add/drops are re-opened. Thanks.

10. outofplace

Add/Drops are officially reopened.

I just finished adding the players from the lists I received for our Supplemental Draft. For this season, the bench will remain at seven players. I kind of like the idea of keeping it that way going forward, but that's something we can discuss for next season. Some teams did not submit a list. They will just have to add from the free agents currently available. I've got to get going on my day, but I had at least one request to post all the lists. If nobody objects, I can do that later. For now, here is just the supplemental draft.

(I'm kind of torn about posting the lists. I can see why people might want to see them, but it also reveals what players other owners are interested in who are still available.)

Round 1
    Magnify Yanks: Aaron Hicks
    Tampico Stogies Trey Mancini
    Houston Trashtros Nick Madrigal
    Fields of Dreams - No List Submitted
    A To The Rizzo - No list Submitted
    Ray of Hope - Jon Gray
    We are Family - Emmanuel Clase
    Bangin Chains - Mark Cahna
    Sterling Silver - Freddy Peralta
    Porky Puig - Hunter Dozier
    Janitors of Anarchy - Jordan Romano
    Tet Corporation - No List Submitted
    Round 2
    Tet Corporation - No List Submitted
    Janitors of Anarchy - Chris Owings
    Porky Puig - Ha-Seong Kim
    Sterling Silver - Jordan Montgomery
    Bangin Chains - Trevor Rogers
    We are Family - Matt Schoemaker
    Ray of Hope - Joey Wendle
    A To The Rizzo - No List Submitted
    Fields of Dreams - No List Submitted
    Houston Trashtros - Kyle Seager
    Tampico Stogies - Wilson Ramos
    Magnify Yanks - Dylan Cease

Thanks for making this go relatively smoothly. (All but one owner followed instructions! lol)

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing this. Glad it went well.

I’m against releasing the lists for the reason you stated. We don’t need to know each other’s strategy nor provide lists for those who still need to fill their roster.

12. outofplace

I would definitely wait at least until all have full rosters, but roughly half of my list is still available. I'd like them to stay that way in case I need to add someone. I'm sure we are all capable of finding our own players, but just in case, I'd rather not share who I'm interested in.

Draft saved Draft deleted