1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Sep 22, 2020.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I have always been an unabashed fan of One Shining Moment. I won't change the channel or turn off the TV until I've seen it. I have even been known to get emotional about various clips during the segment.

As Micro-man noted, it was VERY disappointing this year. The music was downplayed (in volume and importance) to the point of being background noise rather than the centerpiece of the feature. The voiceovers were overpowering and there seemed to be more of them than usual. Was it more top-heavy than usual on the teams shown? Perhaps, though they did give Grand Canyon a prominent shot.

I still enjoyed it, but not anywhere near as much as I usually do.

Big Circus likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Wondering if it's possible for the Zags to schedule a strong P5 opponent or two during the WCC season to stay sharp. Outside of BYU and St. Mary's, the WCC is a cakewalk.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

How many of those 18 more shots led to RBIs?

4. HanSenSE

Could it also be a case of the NCAA telling CBS "don't even think about it" if they were to mention the whole Bliss situation?

5. HanSenSE

One thing CBS got right in OSM.

da man likes this.
  6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

The only thing. It was by far the worst one shining moment in memory

da man likes this.
  7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, the animations they did for awhile might have been worse, but it was not good. I'm a big One Shining Moment fan, and I was very disappointed.

8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I don't remember those

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Then CBS can say “did we write you a check? Did it clear? Fuck off. I’d be more worried about the supreme court than what we say about Dave Bliss If I were you.”

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Jim Nance in the 1950s: "And there it is! Enjoy it, Hiroshima! The greatest rebuild in Japanese history is complete!"

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They did sneak in a shot of Isaiah Livers in his #notNCAAproperty T-shirt.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe Nantz was too preoccupied with who to award his shitty tie to.

Draft saved Draft deleted