1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JRoyal, Jan 5, 2021.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

True, but you'd have thought there'd have been a few more cage matches even before the cell became the fad it is.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Did they say Appolo and Big E is also a cage match or did I totally imagine that?

...I may have imagined it, really not sure, but they seem to be borrowing booking with the womens tag title stealing Mr Regal’s cuckoo bananas multi-match night 1, winner gets night 2 title match idea

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's a Nigerian Drum Fight, whatever the hell that is.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  4. nietsroob17

Apollo and E are wrestling in a Nigerian Drum match -- because, Vince is trying to make this as much of a stereotype as he can.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Too bad Kamala is dead, or he could have been the special guest referee.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It’d have to be an African Drum fight since Kamala was “Ugandan”.

Batman likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Which means someone is going to no-sell the headbutt into the turnbuckle.

8. Baron Scicluna

Veneno was a legitimate hero in the Dominican Republic. The stories that Flair told in his first book about their phantom NWA title changes to avoid riots are incredible. RIP

9. nietsroob17

Wow. Best they can do I guess, but this Hall of Fame ceremony is rough with the canned reactions and forced chants.

10. nietsroob17

Kudos to Molly Holly. The only names she mentioned in her speech were the anonymous WWE crew members.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

NXT, night one, was amazing tonight. Raquel Gonzalez/Io Shirai was everything I hoped it would be. Some amazing spots. Io is insane.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I wondered about not main eventing night 1 with Cole/Oreilly as itll be pretty heavy tonight stacking that with Balor/Kross.

the ladies killed it tho. Io is insane and Raquels just on fire. She’s going to carry nxt for a while but thinking about what she could with Charlotte Flair.....wow. Thats your marquee Mania womens match for ‘22 or ‘23

Draft saved Draft deleted