1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore please: The 2021 Masters thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Apr 4, 2021.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Zach Johnson won when it was cold and rainy IIRC.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Not many Masters with crazier weather than 2007. Johnson won at 1 over. And he's only finished higher than 20th once since.

Spieth having his game right again is great (I like him a lot), but running to bet him now for Augusta isn't a play out of the wiseguys' handbook.

MileHigh likes this.
  3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You can this year.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t dismiss him. He has his confidence and his game back, and he’s always played well at Augusta.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm not dismissing him, don't get me wrong. But on DraftKings this morning he was the second betting favorite behind DJ and tied with DeHat. That's a little bit of an overreaction IMO.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I don’t think so for the reasons stated above.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

In fact, I was with Nantz in thinking Spieth would win the Masters even before he won yesterday.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Of course, I also thought USC would give Gonzaga a tough game, so take that for what it’s worth.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

On occasion DeChambeau is. Rahm can be. Nobody even qualifies for the Masters if they aren't at least decent iron players. I mean, look at the defending champion. What is the best known element of his game?

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I could be wrong here - but I'm pretty sure you have to actually play in the tournament to win it?

"Mr. Woods" is likely a long way from playing again.

Or am I wrong there, too?

HanSenSE and Matt1735 like this.
  11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That is a very good point.

playthrough and Moderator1 like this.
  12. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I couldn’t tell you. But eyeballing his lady friend, I can promise you he has plenty of it!

Draft saved Draft deleted