1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Season 3 got weird as well. Wall had checked out.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

To me it was all about the first 2 seasons but really the first season, and really the first 10 episodes.

I grew to like Spacey and especially Lacocco.

I liked Jerry Lewis and Stanley Tucci in season 2.

I think Wahl had shot his wad by season 3 but the episode where he played his dad was really well done.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Agreed with all of that. Laccooco was great.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Watching "Suits," nearly done with Season 4. It's fun when actors from other series show up. D.B. Woodside, from "Lucifer" is in this as a lawyer. Rachael Harris was also in "Lucifer." Wendell Pierce, Bunk from "The Wire." So last night, Tricia Helfer turns up as a lawyer. She is in "Lucifer" and other things. I said, "Oh, it's Tricia." Then I looked closer and thought it might have been Charissa Thompson from the Fox NFL team. Damn, they could be sisters.

Tricia-Helfer.jpg Charissa-Thompson_727x727.jpg

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Suits just has a murderer's row of attractive women that come in for a couple episodes. And that's besides the fact that Markle, Rafferty and Torres are in the main cast.

Neutral Corner, garrow and ChrisLong like this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Yes, I've noticed that.
    Redheads aren't my favs, but Rafferty is so damn sexy and self-assured she is easy to enjoy.
    I had never heard of Rafferty or Torres previously.
    My wife asked, what does Markle do that is so great? My daughter jumped in to answer -- she walks.

It's interesting when you look up stuff. Harvey's real wife had a role as an Aussie lawyer. Harvey and Rafferty have been friends forever. I'm guessing that Harvey's real dad is the Harvard professor who took a bribe. Same last name.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Rafferty is AWESOME on that show. Such a sly sense of humor too. Torres is married to Laurence Fishburne and was on Firefly.

Neutral Corner and ChrisLong like this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There are plenty of shows that do that. Lucifer is one. Hell, Smallville was like that. A buddy of mine who watched it used to joke that he wanted to move to Kansas because there were so many beautiful women on the show.

ChrisLong likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Gina Torres was in the last two "Matrix" movies, but you could have missed her. She was also the executive officer in "Firefly" and the follow on movie "Serenity. If you have not watched "Firefly", you should find the time. It's something like a Civil War movie/ Western set in space. Joss Whedon's first series post "Buffy". There were only fifteen episodes, so it's easy to binge. The "Serenity" movie followed.

It was a huuuuuuuuge cult SF TV hit, even if it only lasted three months. Check it out if that's in your taste zone.

ChrisLong likes this.
  11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Torres is now on 9-1-1 Lonestar. She replaced Liv Tyler who left after one season.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Torres also pops up in two L&O episodes, along with other procedurals like Criminal Minds, as well as doing voiceover work. Just one of those valuable and versatile performers that always catches your eye when she's on the screen.

Draft saved Draft deleted