1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I might be a little selfish here because I’m the guy who has three young pitchers either N/A or on the IL, but I wouldn’t mind a larger roster. Maybe announce a certain date when the rosters can expand, and then increase the rosters on that date?

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I don;t have any of the guys in the categories baron does - yet - but I don't mind this idea either.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was putting it out there as a test balloon, but maybe we really should do it.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Baron inadvertently exposed a flaw in this theory. I’m fine expanding rosters to fill holes for when games are postponed, but not so owners can stash extra prospects.

5. outofplace

It would be a different thing from an NA spot. Anybody wanting to hold on to a minor leaguer would be leaving themselves vulnerable for when games are postponed.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I’m fine with it.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Fine with me, but is it first come first serve? Waivers? draft?

8. outofplace

That's the problem. The site doesn't really offer a mechanism to do anything other than first-come, first-served. There is no way to put all players on waivers that I can see.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

How many players are we looking at adding? It it's one, free-for-all shouldn't be bad. If it's more, we can draft via the league message board if we could find a time most people are available. Or we agree not pick up anyone on say Sunday, and everyone sends a list of a few players to the commish and he sorts through and tells everyone who they get based on reverse standings.

10. Regan MacNeil

Option 3 seems like the fairest.

11. outofplace

Reverse order of last year's standings? It's too early for this year's standings to mean much. (Actually, Week 1 doesn't end until Sunday night.)

It would be more than a few players. Say we did two spots per team and we did it as a snake draft. That would mean if we used last year's standings, pern would need 24 players, I would need 23, would need a list of 23, Trashtros 22, and so forth.

Getting everybody together for a mini-draft doesn't seem that realistic, so if we're going to do it, I think that would be the way to go. No add/drops starting 10 p.m. Eastern Saturday. Lists must be emailed to me through the site by noon Eastern Sunday. I will sort through the lists post who gets which players and expand the rosters. Once everyone has added their two new players, we can re-start add/drops. I think I can add the players to everybody's roster, but I won't be sure until I try it out.

Sound good? I can post this on the league site as well today so people know it is coming.

12. Regan MacNeil

I don't know if the app will let me do that. Can I PM them?

Draft saved Draft deleted