1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Actually, his numbers are almost smack dab in the middle. Utterly average. As are California's. THAT's the story. Opposite approaches, same result.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And you trust Florida's official reporting numbers? Weren't they not counting snowbirds who died in Florida but were not full-time residents? And did they count tourists, etc., who contracted it in Florida but did not test positive until they had returned to their home states?

Florida's numbers are about as trustworthy as Matt Gaetz.

3. BTExpress

Didn't we go through this?

And to address your other point, during the early days of the pandemic, what about all those visitors to New York who were infected there, then brought the virus back home to Atlanta, Nashville, etc., giving the virus a foothold in those places? They sure as hell didn't count as New York cases, but that's where they caught it.

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproj...07/us/new-york-city-coronavirus-outbreak.html

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The story is behind a paywall, can't access it. You can continue to believe Ron DeSantis as long as you want.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I read the story since I’m a subscriber. Philip Bump has spent his career as a political writer. Why should I listen to him try data-based analysis? It’d be like trusting Murray Chass on advanced MLB analytics.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Only a complete idiot or an absolute credulous rube would put any faith in the state of Florida’s official COVID-19 data.

Mngwa likes this.
  8. BTExpress

You don't have to put "faith" in a damn thing.

You look, you ask questions, you analyze. That's what the WaPo story did. You don't like the conclusion, so you dismiss it. Simple as that. Link the stories you like. Ignore/dismiss the ones you don't. Might as well scream "Fake news!" because the script is just the same as the one the Deplorables use.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Eighteen hours since Pfizer #2 and no ... absolutely no ... side effects.
    Number 1 made me fart like a steam train most of the following night, but hardly even a suspicious toot this morning.

10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

It's not good for the plumbing to hold farts in. Roman physicians were warning against this 2,000 years ago.

Let those babies rip, God wants to hear the poetry too.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm at nearly 24 hours since Pfizer No. 1. Arm is a bit sore but nothing out of the ordinary. No other side effects.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

About 15 hours after my Moderna No. 1, and my left (non-throwing) arm is pretty sore. I'm mildly tired and draggy today, but that could be attributed to so many things.

Draft saved Draft deleted