1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah ... Superman busts off one of his stupid horns with one hand.

I did have to laugh, after the many many efforts stretching back decades and several different incarnations, to depower and demythologize Superman, to make the JL a fully equal team, with Snyder having a couple extra years to think about it, they're all hanging on by a thread against Steppenwolf and his parademon bug boys, once the fully restored and recovered Superman shows up, within about 45 seconds, Steppy Boy is rolling face down on the floor with his horn busted off.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Watched Personal Best, the 1982 Robert Towne written-and-directed film about female track-and-field athletes.

I'm not saying you need a woman director to make a movie about women.... but fifty minutes of gratuitous nude scenes don't help.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

"Boogie" - not your Disney/Hollywood teenage coming of age movie; while I enjoyed the fact that the Asian protagonist is everything a typical Asian is not (not a high grades achiever, not a "Model Minority", but an assertive, "don't f**k with me" kinda guy), what was even better was the way it showed how kids can challenge the mainstream thinking intelligently if you just take the time to listen (a GREAT discussion of The Catcher in the Rye/Holden Caufield).

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. But, a giant question: If Prof. Jones is all they say - he discovered The Ark! -- why are his classes so small and not in a vast lecture hall, with people fighting to get in?

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Nobody knows he discovered the Ark besides Marian, Sallah and the U.S. Government’s “top men.”

6. goalmouth

But he's a world famous grave robber, still..

7. goalmouth

And, you could take him out of Raiders and the storyline wouldn't change.

Killick likes this.
  8. bigpern23

Except it wouldn't have been recovered. It would have sat on that island until someone stumbled across it.

9. goalmouth

Maybe, but Belluc would have had the Germans tear up the site at Tanis til they found the Ark.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Father; yes Hopkins and Olivia Colman are great but the storyline doesn't leave you feeling very good.

11. bigpern23

And, had they found it, it would have been lost again when they opened it.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Just watched "Godzilla vs Kong."

Gotta say, I miss the days of a guy in a rubber Godzilla suit kicking over Tokyo. CGI just doesn't appeal to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted