1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JRoyal, Jan 5, 2021.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

The other thing that gets at me: they finally do something interesting with Retribution, but don't follow up on it over either of the two following Raws?

How much longer until we hear the underlings get their future endeavors (hopefully not Dijakovic and Yim)?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I think I read somewhere that Cyndi has been offered and has declined, for whatever reason.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

While we're at it, to keep piling on, can we stop with the ridiculous "Can the champ and top contender co-exist as a tag team when they face the heels?" storyline? Especially with the women. First Nia and Basler fight Sasha and Bianca, now they're doing the same with Asuka and Rhea? Just have them do anything else.

Batman and nietsroob17 like this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And Asuka and Flair before that. And Sasha and Bayley, to some degree, before them. It's been the same storyline in the women's division for almost a year.

5. nietsroob17

I remember this. And then we were treated to one or two segments with a green as gooseshit Byron Saxton as the only commentator.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Question: Is Charlotte Flair a wwe lifer?

Pros: shes the face of the place, paid well, they’ve put her over at the expense of everyone and will continue to do so.

Cons: Ric wasnt a lifer, presumably the Flairs & Rhodes have a relationship, all her “shoot” interviews allude to her not being happy she loses a lot and she doesnt take fan criticism of her booking well, they cut andrade....

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think she's a lifer as long as they always offer her the best contract or money. Like, I don't think she's going to be doing them any favors on her deals, and I don't think she needs to, between her name, in-ring ability and the stature she already has.

8. nietsroob17

Umm ... WTF?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Approves:

[​IMG]

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

id agree, its just every shoot interview she does she seems profoudly unhappy for all the success she’s had. Reminds me of Stone Cold that way, a perfectionist who might just get fed up with shitty creative and walk out the door one day. The last week’s made me wonder if she eventually will

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That arcade match tonight was fun.

Huggy likes this.
  12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agreed. Karrion Kross and Finn Balor as well weeks ago. Just fails to be interesting when it’s done over and over again.

Draft saved Draft deleted